GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick HTML Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/10/02 at 14:13
Regular
What does this tag do:

I know
is a line break, but what about with the / in it??
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Er,
doesn't exist and is ignored by all browsers last time I checked. It's one of the only elements (along with and suchlike) that not only doesn't require a closeing tag, it doesn't have one.
Sat 19/10/02 at 12:08
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
OK, thanks for the explanation.
Fri 18/10/02 at 21:33
Regular
"l33t cs50r"

is the correct way of inserting a line break into XML.
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:53
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
No way!! i'd hate to write
after a break, bah.
Fri 18/10/02 at 14:28
Regular
""
I think its because the W3 organisation are trying to move away from HTML standards and make it more like XML (to create XHTML). And in XML every tag that is opened needs to be closed again in order to validate against the DTD.

is sorthand for

Fri 18/10/02 at 14:13
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
What does this tag do:

I know
is a line break, but what about with the / in it??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.