GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whoops Popey"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/09/06 at 17:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So good old Pope makes a speech and during it a part of it angers and offends the muslim people because it said that Mohammad brought nothing but evil and violence into the world. Now he has a point (be it a hypocritical one considering Christianity's history) Islam is littered with violence and bloodshed throughout history but then probably not exactly wise to say such things in this day and age and someone maybe should have pointed this out to him before he went a speech making.

Although what amuses me in the whole saga is all these muslim leaders condemning the Pope's words saying how they are wrong, offensive and inaccurate and that muslims are peace loving people .........while the next images to appear on the screen are countless effigy burnings, churches being bombed and people being attacked .......ermm yea guys, well done on actually proving Pope's incidental point.

And of course this is now the start "of a new Christian crusade against Islam" *shakes head*

Will someone please open up a Starbucks in the middle east and get these guys some decafe

/sighs at world.
Sun 17/09/06 at 17:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So good old Pope makes a speech and during it a part of it angers and offends the muslim people because it said that Mohammad brought nothing but evil and violence into the world. Now he has a point (be it a hypocritical one considering Christianity's history) Islam is littered with violence and bloodshed throughout history but then probably not exactly wise to say such things in this day and age and someone maybe should have pointed this out to him before he went a speech making.

Although what amuses me in the whole saga is all these muslim leaders condemning the Pope's words saying how they are wrong, offensive and inaccurate and that muslims are peace loving people .........while the next images to appear on the screen are countless effigy burnings, churches being bombed and people being attacked .......ermm yea guys, well done on actually proving Pope's incidental point.

And of course this is now the start "of a new Christian crusade against Islam" *shakes head*

Will someone please open up a Starbucks in the middle east and get these guys some decafe

/sighs at world.
Sun 17/09/06 at 18:53
"possibly impossible"
Um. What he was actually saying was that all holy wars are wrong (on both sides) and condeming the western world as well.

He used a quote from a very very old source where part of it mentioned that anything mohammad had done was based on evil, but used it in a context that implied that this was not his own views and highlighted this afterwards by saying "These in fact were a quotation from a mediaeval text, which do not in any way express my personal thought,"

But, of course a few seized the opportunity to twist the speech in order to turn uneducated and easily pursuaded people against the church.

The pope is actually involved in a mission to bring the religions closer together, this has just made it a whole lot harder.

Admittedly, he really should have chosen to make the whole thing a bit clearer from the start, but then anything he says is liable to be twisted by the extreme Islamic groups (who, in my opinion, are not even Islamic as they really go against what Islam teaches)
Sun 17/09/06 at 19:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
pb wrote:
> Admittedly, he really should have chosen to make the whole thing
> a bit clearer from the start

> implied that this was not his own views
> and highlighted this afterwards by saying "These in fact
> were a quotation from a mediaeval text, which do not in any way
> express my personal thought,"

Surely that should have been enough or didn't anyone actually get to that bit and were already off writing their newspaper column/burning pope effigy's
Sun 17/09/06 at 19:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The Archbishop of Canterbury had it exactly right. They need to get a grip and stop being so damn senstive.
Mon 18/09/06 at 15:35
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
This topic is getting to be really annoying. I don't know what to do to kep Muslims happy in this country. But I guess it's one set of rules for one group and one set of rules for another (I mean all these terrorists are Muslim and condeming the west saying they're all to blame - whilst the pope says something quite true and he is some archdemon in the islamic world).

Perhaps I should stop writing, I don't want put over my full-on true feelings on this matter!
Mon 18/09/06 at 15:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
All this constant *OMG HOW DARE YOU!!!* crap really does just make me shake my head and sigh.

Like i say, get these guys some fricking decafe, some common sense would also be nice
Mon 18/09/06 at 22:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Kawada wrote:
> Like i say, get these guys some fricking decafe, some common
> sense would also be nice

"In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point."
Friedrich Nietzsche

He should have just said religion in general.
Mon 18/09/06 at 22:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hehe nice quote, it's funny coz it's true :-)
Tue 19/09/06 at 08:55
"possibly impossible"
I believe that the quote is perhaps taken out of context, but I will still burn down your house and burn efigies of you for saying it... :)

But seriously, religion and science are more related than people think and it's quite funny how the whole Adam and Eve (everyone from one woman and one man) thing was dismissed for so long and now the scientists seem to be going to down that route after discovering more about DNA.

But the idea of Religion is faith - to believe without evidence and the idea of Science is fact - to believe by experimentation and then change your mind 5 years later when someone runs the experiment again and finds that the original scientest forgot to take into account the mouse that came and nibbled on his bunsen burner during the night...
Tue 19/09/06 at 09:26
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Anybody see The Bigger Picture last night? There was a whole piece on this and they weren't too afraid to say it.

Then they sai that Muslims were never violent and always went to resolve things peacefuly (quoting the head of some Muslim society) quickly proceeding to a picture of some men (whowere assumed to be Muslim) rioting.

Made me laugh for a while anyway

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.