GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Video Gaming Technology"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 03:33
Regular
I personally think we have now good technology of video games. After a while, we built up technology every year and now we have good technology to make great game designs, great modes and game features. As time goes by, we discover more and more technology. That means that in the future there will be awesome designs, and features for games that maybe video games and systems will be one of the Top Sellers of our nation.

AJ
Sat 02/12/00 at 03:33
I personally think we have now good technology of video games. After a while, we built up technology every year and now we have good technology to make great game designs, great modes and game features. As time goes by, we discover more and more technology. That means that in the future there will be awesome designs, and features for games that maybe video games and systems will be one of the Top Sellers of our nation.

AJ
Sat 02/12/00 at 11:26
But is there an end to new technology? Will humans someday be unable to invent new stuff? I doubt it, but what do you think?
Sat 02/12/00 at 12:04
Regular
I think that for the future of gaming, there should be super consoles. Not consoles that play every single game format but consoles that play games form the previous console like the PS2 and Gameboy Advance!

Now that the new consoles use disks it would be easier to make that happen! Graphics (for Nintendo) don't need improving anymore and the sound quality is great (depending on yout TV) so why make consoles that can't play current games? The dreamcast would have been better if it could play saturn games!
Sat 02/12/00 at 14:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The simple answer Edgy is 'emulation'. Emulation software tricks hardware into thinking it is something else. For example, my PC has software that makes it think that it is a Spectrum from time to time and at these times I can play Spectrum games on it. Also there is DreamCast,PSX, PS2,(yes, I did say PS2), N64, Genesis (Megadrive), etc emulation software downloadable free from lots of places on the web.
The trouble with it is, every PC has a different configuration of hardware and it is virtually impossible to take every chipset and setup into account when programming for PC's in general, therefore emulation software is still not very good (although for the Spectrum and Megadrive it runs pretty well.)
So what you need is a dedicated piece of hardware and software that will account for all consoles. Not easy, the console manufacturers would have you up in court before you could say "The 3rd Place" and slapping copyright laws in your face for the next few years. It can be done, but it would be a bit like the everlasting match, a lot of corporations wouldn't want it to be put on the market, therefore it's not likely to happen.
In response to the original post, I was looking at it and reading it at about 4am this morning and thinking "But what is your point?" so I didn't initially replay.
Sun 03/12/00 at 17:22
I think that technology gaining will not end unless the world ends or something.
Sun 03/12/00 at 17:27
Regular
Emulation is crap, and it is no way any good to gaming!
Sun 03/12/00 at 17:32
Regular
Far too soon, unfortuantly.

There's a little GBA emulator out there somewhere as well. Bound to be a fake, but shows how quickly technology evolves.
Sun 03/12/00 at 19:48
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it's probably just a GBC emulator. I have one, I think it's really cool, I only have a couple of games though.
Sun 03/12/00 at 20:05
Regular
The N64 one's the worst.
Sun 03/12/00 at 20:10
"possibly impossible"
I have a CD full of Spectrum and C64 games and emulators. Both the disks have over 3000 games each on them. Emulators are top!

If anyone wants a disk, let me know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.