GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 with loading????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 01:51
Regular
I played the ps2 on tuesday for the first time and to my shock it had long loading time, as long or longer than the psx.

I have both the psx and the n64. The reason i play my nintendo more is because it does not have loading time i was thinking about getting a ps2 but i know now i am not. But can anyone tell me will the gamecube have long loading time?
Sat 02/12/00 at 21:57
Regular
Actually, only people who don't really like games want Fifa 2001.

They are "anti-games".

The type of games that normally, hardcore gamers wouldn't touch with a +5 upgraded bamboo pole.

Err, examples are:

Can't think of any. Fifa is a good example mind.

If I think of any, I'll say.
Sat 02/12/00 at 21:55
Regular
Mario isn't really a "Kids game". You'd better read my topic in the PS2 forum!
Sat 02/12/00 at 21:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I am not favouring the PS2 here but I am fed up of the Nintendo games, they are very like kids games. People just don't want Mario they want Fifa 2001 etc.
Sat 02/12/00 at 21:49
Regular
The GameCube will be 'friendly for all gamers alike'
Sat 02/12/00 at 21:05
hmmmmmmmmm

the reason cd/dvd's need to load is because it takes time to get the info into the ram where as on the n64 where it uses carts it is almost instant because it is just and extension of the console, ie already loaded.

the reason in my opinion that the first ps2 games take a fairly long time to load is cos they were rushed onto the market in time for launch so expect the games to get faster as they utilise the power of PS2

thanx for reading
Sat 02/12/00 at 19:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Did you ever play it? It wasn't that bad...so long as you NEVER play as or against Shang Tsung.
Personally I can't stand the 5 second loading every time you open a door on Resident Evil. That in my opinion, is pretty bad
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:51
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I hate that SOOOOOOOOOOO much, I would wait the extra time as long as it did not freeze during a game!
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:31
Regular
The worst one I've heard of is Mortal Kombat on the Playstation.

It actually loaded WHILE YOU WERE PLAYING!!

So as you were about to pull off a major combo, it would pause, and load, and when it had loaded you would be dead.

How bad is that?
Sat 02/12/00 at 16:44
The worst loading time I have recently seen was Z, it took ages to load between levels on the PSX. Then there was FIFA 98, that took 15-30 seconds between games, a bit annoying but worth it. Better than the old days with the cassettes though, that could take 15-30 minutes for a game to load, and even then you were not guaranteed that it would work. Kids these days, don't know they're born, do they?
Sat 02/12/00 at 15:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Personally, I don't care about loading. As long as the game's good, then it's worth waiting.
Also, different games have different loading times. For instance: MGS loading time: a few seconds
In Cold Blood loading time: ABOUT 2 MINUTES!!!!!
So you don't know how long games will take to load, they're all different.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.