GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"They've done it again!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/00 at 23:16
Regular
First of all, in an episode of the simpsons played a while back they showed Nintendo and Sega characters but none for Sony.

This time I saw an advert for The Simpsons.com A video about the Simpsons and technology. Homer say "Wow, they've got the internet on computers now!"

In about 5 years time I can see people saying that!

With consoles, mobile phones, toasters, etc ale to access the internet are we ever gonna be free! The internet is getting everywhere and it's popularity is that you can find almost anything you want for FREE!

But it's gettin a lil extreme! Soon we'll have webcams watching over us 24 hours a day in every room of the house. Then our computers will be replicating food instead of us having to buy food. We'll be visiting museums, zoos and themeparks over the web and we'll even be able to smell and taste the web!

And what about telepathy? Will we be able to think the web? Microchips are already inserted into animals for idetification so wouldn't it be possible in the near future to have a microchip inserted that lets you view the web without a PC?

There are lots of things we can do on the web already and isn't it making us slobs? IT's like the Royle Family when they watch TV! They're always doing it and they're lazy buggers (but the show's funny). Our physical lives are degrading and the human race will soon be able to evolve into a blob! We wont need to do anything to survive in the future!

I hope the internet doesn't appear everywhere! I'm not saying don't use it cos I love it but that's the problem! I'm almost addicted to the web! I go on almost every night talking to people I've never seen before!
Fri 01/12/00 at 23:16
Regular
First of all, in an episode of the simpsons played a while back they showed Nintendo and Sega characters but none for Sony.

This time I saw an advert for The Simpsons.com A video about the Simpsons and technology. Homer say "Wow, they've got the internet on computers now!"

In about 5 years time I can see people saying that!

With consoles, mobile phones, toasters, etc ale to access the internet are we ever gonna be free! The internet is getting everywhere and it's popularity is that you can find almost anything you want for FREE!

But it's gettin a lil extreme! Soon we'll have webcams watching over us 24 hours a day in every room of the house. Then our computers will be replicating food instead of us having to buy food. We'll be visiting museums, zoos and themeparks over the web and we'll even be able to smell and taste the web!

And what about telepathy? Will we be able to think the web? Microchips are already inserted into animals for idetification so wouldn't it be possible in the near future to have a microchip inserted that lets you view the web without a PC?

There are lots of things we can do on the web already and isn't it making us slobs? IT's like the Royle Family when they watch TV! They're always doing it and they're lazy buggers (but the show's funny). Our physical lives are degrading and the human race will soon be able to evolve into a blob! We wont need to do anything to survive in the future!

I hope the internet doesn't appear everywhere! I'm not saying don't use it cos I love it but that's the problem! I'm almost addicted to the web! I go on almost every night talking to people I've never seen before!
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:45
--------------
edgy735 wrote:
Soon we'll have webcams watching over us 24 hours a day in every room of the house.
--------------

Woohoo! Big Brother :D
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:47
Regular
Good reply!

Your the first to reply to it!
Mon 04/12/00 at 20:51
Regular
Why does the Gameaday winners page call this letter "Nintendo"??????
Tue 05/12/00 at 20:40
Regular
I dunno?

When I found out I had won and saw "Nintendo" next to my name I was wondering why?

But maybe cos that's what I usually post about!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.