GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why I was banned"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/10/02 at 16:40
Regular
To prove a point.
Being a Notable simply means that people read your posts because you offer something.
Whether it's serious games orientated stuff by the likes of Pro Evo or the demented halfwit babblings of me.

But, a big part of being a Notable, is taking flak unlimited. If we express an opinion on another user, it's "Oh you think you're so special" wheras if another user expressed an opinion on a Notable, it's fair game?
As Snuggly pointed out, I was a loudmouth clown before becoming a Notable, nothing has changed.

However, one thing I'm not is an abuser of other users. I remember, Dark Mark, when you posted about being bullied and feeling low. Can you remember which heartless Notable applauded your bravery in being honest and tried to help you out?
When Drunk Cow started posting, he got slammed and flamed by 95% of you for "spamming", yet myself and a couple of other Notables asked him to stay and carry on. And he's turned into one of the most entertaining posters here.

We all offer something different, humour/serious political/techy games info/movie knowledge and we all have a laugh.
Occasionally someone rubs you the wrong way, but the best way to deal with it is to either make light or ignore.

As Mendax/Ripper/Insane Bartender pointed out, me and him clash regularly. However, I'll always read his stuff and enjoy talking to him. Ok, so I don't want to take showers with him or tongue wrestle - but we respect and talk to each with no hostility. Why?
Because it's an internet forum.
If you put half as much passion into the world outside as you do arguing about consoles, then worlds would be changed.

I got banned for a laugh to see what would happen.
It was funny and kept me and others entertained for the afternoon.
Which is the whole point of these forums - fun.

So lighten up, stand up straight and just enjoy it.
And yes, being a Notable does mean I'm better than you. But I didnt make the rules.
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
To prove a point.
Being a Notable simply means that people read your posts because you offer something.
Whether it's serious games orientated stuff by the likes of Pro Evo or the demented halfwit babblings of me.

But, a big part of being a Notable, is taking flak unlimited. If we express an opinion on another user, it's "Oh you think you're so special" wheras if another user expressed an opinion on a Notable, it's fair game?
As Snuggly pointed out, I was a loudmouth clown before becoming a Notable, nothing has changed.

However, one thing I'm not is an abuser of other users. I remember, Dark Mark, when you posted about being bullied and feeling low. Can you remember which heartless Notable applauded your bravery in being honest and tried to help you out?
When Drunk Cow started posting, he got slammed and flamed by 95% of you for "spamming", yet myself and a couple of other Notables asked him to stay and carry on. And he's turned into one of the most entertaining posters here.

We all offer something different, humour/serious political/techy games info/movie knowledge and we all have a laugh.
Occasionally someone rubs you the wrong way, but the best way to deal with it is to either make light or ignore.

As Mendax/Ripper/Insane Bartender pointed out, me and him clash regularly. However, I'll always read his stuff and enjoy talking to him. Ok, so I don't want to take showers with him or tongue wrestle - but we respect and talk to each with no hostility. Why?
Because it's an internet forum.
If you put half as much passion into the world outside as you do arguing about consoles, then worlds would be changed.

I got banned for a laugh to see what would happen.
It was funny and kept me and others entertained for the afternoon.
Which is the whole point of these forums - fun.

So lighten up, stand up straight and just enjoy it.
And yes, being a Notable does mean I'm better than you. But I didnt make the rules.
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:41
Regular
"C'Mon Feel The Love"
OK, "you are better than all of us"
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:44
Regular
Yep. Good point well made.

People take this forum far too seriously.
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:44
Regular
"Remember me?"
Goatboy wrote:
> However, one thing I'm not is an abuser of other users. I remember,
> Dark Mark, when you posted about being bullied and feeling low. Can
> you remember which heartless Notable applauded your bravery in being
> honest and tried to help you out?

No, because as I remember it... it was Edgy who posted the "I was bullied" thread, and most people - including some Notables - simply told him to stop whining. And I was told the same by the majority of the users when I replied to his topic stating how I have been patronised and ridiculed my entire life simply because of the way I look.
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:45
Regular
Well said Goatdude. That was fun.
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:46
Regular
Yeah, these forums needed the events of today to bring back a bit of humour. Other than scanning FOGChat for SHEEPY topics, it's been pretty boring.
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Go back kid and read the bully threads.
I've never told anyone to stop whining about it.

And if you're not going to acknowledge that I tried my best to make you feel better then you do not deserve my respect.
This is the last time I respond to a post by you or acknowledge your existence.

Good day to you.
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Remember me?"
Goatboy wrote:
> So lighten up, stand up straight and just enjoy it.
> And yes, being a Notable does mean I'm better than you. But I didnt
> make the rules.

Except how can I enjoy everyone STILL wanting me banned, even if you and SHEEPY getting banned was just a joke? I'm the one who is now hated and the one who everyone wants to have banned.
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:50
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Twas a good laugh this afternoon well and true.

Trouble is it stopped me working totally trying to keep up with all the threads at once.

"why havn't you finished that report ?"

Err - it was Goatboy's fault - honest.

"wtf ?"

Indeed..
Wed 16/10/02 at 16:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Nobody wants to have you banned!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.