GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OK, ROLL CALL! WHO EXACLY HAS GOT A PS2 SO FAR?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/00 at 13:27
Regular
I was just wondering who has collected theirs so far, i have lost track completely.

This post is not intended to upset those still waiting, your day will come very soon.
Mon 04/12/00 at 16:49
Kieran, after all the wait and hassel you have had I am glad to hear that the PS2 is bringing you such pleasure.

I got mine at 7:20am on the 24th from GAME Victoria. I had already been in the night before and put by the games I wanted (SSX and TTT) so I could have got Timesplitters if I wanted but it was in short supply on launch day.

I was actually amazed by how few people had shown up early!!! There were 10 of us!!! I mean I know it was early but the staff said that they received 3/4 of their pre-orders so that would make it about 60. So where were the other 50 people. Surely if you cared enough to pre-order you would be desperate to get your hands on the PS2.
Oh well I guess I am just sad.

Matt

PS What the hell is that Duck all about??
Sun 03/12/00 at 10:24
Got mine on the New Zealand release day 9am but because all you lovelies in the uk snaped up most of the good games we only got 5 on release day and another 7 due next week
Sun 03/12/00 at 00:47
Seeing as i started this thread, i better put some input.

I eventually got my PS2 on THURSDAY 30th NOVEMBER, at 11.15am. I had already bought a memory card, Extra DS2 controller, and the games Tekken Tag and Fantavision. Spent Thursday and Friday playing TTT, and have only tonight played Fantavision, and i think it is awesome. It is so original, i was so into it i didn't hear my mates coming in, they even sat on the settee behind me and started talking to my wife! It was a full 10 mins before i noticed them.

The PS2 is the best thing i have ever bought, and i feel totally justified in all the defensive comments that i have made in the past.

Long live the PS2!!
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:57
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Got mine 29th wed through SR's mail order, i bought fifa 2001 and what a game it is! Im getting DOA2 when its out.
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:36
Regular
I got mine 24th 9:55 am the parcel force van arrives. PS2 in a box no games. Go to school ( which I was going to skip but no games to play on). Go out Friday night having only played on my PS2 a little bit happy that I have one. Saturday morning go to work come home, Tekken Tag, Ridge Racer 5, memory card and Dual shock 2 waiting for me. All weekend my jaw is on the floor(still is) Monday Timesplitters arrives. Best console ever iam still amazed by the sheer looks and speed of RR5 and TTT is damn fine too. Timespitters is amazingly fun and quite hard.
Sat 02/12/00 at 12:23
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
24th nov 9am with ssx, timesplitters and iss .took a half day aswell.even got out of going to wet my mates babies head. how thoughtless of me.......nevermind
Sat 02/12/00 at 10:31
Regular
Me got mine on 24th,
Sat 02/12/00 at 10:00
Bulldog wrote:
> Not me....yet :(
>
> Mad Gee did u pre-order from GAME or somewhere else?
>
> Sony also sais to me that i'll get it before x-mas...but im still
> not very confident about it all.

I ordered through gamesstreet.com. Some encouraging news from dailyradar.co.uk just published...

"Sony have also said that they plan to have another 500,000 for the whole of Europe by the end of the year. The UK will most likely see 200,000 of these although a set date during December hasn't been set. Meanwhile, Toys R Us promise that they can provide PS2 for Christmas..."
Fri 01/12/00 at 22:58
Yep I collected my on the 24th, my local store seemed to have loads of uncollected PS2's and that was at 4.00pm, there were also loads of games around to buy, although it was hard to find some of the smaller less talked about games!!
Fri 01/12/00 at 22:31
"High polygon count"
> but get this timesplitters aparently sold out by 7:00 am
> on november 24th

I think it's a fairly common story.

Here in Northampton, Game were open 11pm on 23rd until 1am on 24th for collection. Although I planned to get mine at midnight, I couldn't make it, and so was at the store just after they opened at 8am Friday morning - and the ONLY way you could get TimeSplitters was if you'd pre-ordered it when you pre-ordered your PS2 - those were the only copies they had left!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.