GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good 'ol TINY! :S"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/10/02 at 11:31
Regular
I think that once again my CD-Rom drive has been 'messed-up' by my good 'old TINY PC.

Last time this happened we had to buy a whole new CD-Rom drive - and also send the PC back to them to have it all checked!

The PC its self still seems to be working fine though (except for those grunts and groans the Fan makes) but every time I put a CD in and push the Disc Tray back in it comes straight back-out again about 4 seconds later!!

DAMN IT!! Now I can't listen to any of my CD's while i'm on the PC! :(

My advice: Never buy a TINY PC! It'll only cause you problems.
I'm glad SR don't sell them. :)
You'd have SO many complaints one week after the latest sale!

Anyone got any ideas that doesn't envlove having to spend money to sort this one problem out??

*CLICK* (Nerds click "Reply" :D )
Tue 15/10/02 at 17:09
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I bought a Tiny PC. Only because it was cheaper than buying the PC parts myself though, as - at the time - the PC was very high spec. It also came with a 19 inch monitor, which cost £300 at the time. The whole PC (second hand) including a scanner and printer, and this expensive monitor, was only £500. So I snapped it up.

Never had any problems with it at all. Infact, ironically, we've upgraded everything on the PC (inlcuding the case, as it was designed for those stupid mini-mobos they use, meaning I couldn't put a new mobo or graphics card in it) apart from the DVD-Drive, which still sits there working perfectly.

:op
Tue 15/10/02 at 15:14
Regular
Lots of people had probs with Tiny PC's. There are so many things to go wrong with PC's, you need to play it safe and get really good after sales service.
Tue 15/10/02 at 14:55
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Tiny went bankrupt and taken overby Time, who were left with lots of ANGRY customers like me whose insurance was voided but that seems to have sorted out now.
Tue 15/10/02 at 14:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Solskjær wrote:
> My advice: Never buy a TINY PC! It'll only cause you problems.
> I'm glad SR don't sell them. :)

Didnt somebody write a post saying that Tiny had gone Bankrupt?...

...or maybe it was some other highstreet PC retailer???
Tue 15/10/02 at 13:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Solskjær wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> "Sellotape a 20p piece to the front of the cd tray."
>
> Huh? What are you on?? How could that help?

Just a reference to a cheat for the snes version of mortal combat.
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
cookie monster wrote:
"Sellotape a 20p piece to the front of the cd tray."

Huh? What are you on?? How could that help?

And this is as bad as I think - it means i'll no-longer be able to play games on my PC either! :(
So i'll no longer be able to play the likes of... CM 01/02 or.... um....... The Sims: On Holiday....

Such a.... shame.
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Sellotape a 20p piece to the front of the cd tray.
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:35
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Make the PC into something else like a toilet paper holder. That way it's no a complete loss.

I'm better than you therefore I need a skirt.
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think that once again my CD-Rom drive has been 'messed-up' by my good 'old TINY PC.

Last time this happened we had to buy a whole new CD-Rom drive - and also send the PC back to them to have it all checked!

The PC its self still seems to be working fine though (except for those grunts and groans the Fan makes) but every time I put a CD in and push the Disc Tray back in it comes straight back-out again about 4 seconds later!!

DAMN IT!! Now I can't listen to any of my CD's while i'm on the PC! :(

My advice: Never buy a TINY PC! It'll only cause you problems.
I'm glad SR don't sell them. :)
You'd have SO many complaints one week after the latest sale!

Anyone got any ideas that doesn't envlove having to spend money to sort this one problem out??

*CLICK* (Nerds click "Reply" :D )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.