GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are the PS2 Vertical Stands a RIPOFF or what"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/12/00 at 12:05
Regular
They are NZ$40 (almost half the price of a game) and anyone that brought the horizonal one needs their head read. if they were cheaper i may buy a vertical one for stability in case it gets knocked as i plan on keeping it vertical (the only thing is you have to get used to putting the disk in left handed as its otherwise awkward)i have seen some third party ones that also have slots in them to hold disk cases which makes sense but they are still expensive for what they are
Fri 01/12/00 at 12:29
I got a vertical stand free from woolworths when i picked up my PS2. It is not the official Sony one, it is a black Logic 3 one. Even so, i think that it looks "finished" with the stand on. Quite stylish infact.
Fri 01/12/00 at 12:21
yeah you're right although this doesn't affect me as my ps2 lives underneath my TV and VCR, horizontally. not as cool, maybe, but much more in keeping with the "front room consumer electronics" theme and much more practical.
Fri 01/12/00 at 12:21
"High polygon count"
Sounds like they're a rip-off in your part of the world, but they're not here. I just ordered one from Game for around £12 including p&p.

The horizontal stands are a definite rip-off, as they're completely unnecessary; I think they're only useful for 'poser' value.

The vertical stands however, while not essential, are definietly recommended, as they provide a considerable amount of stability.

I have no idea what the current exchange rate is, but NZ$40 does sound like a lot of money for what is essentially a piece of colourful plastic!
Fri 01/12/00 at 12:05
They are NZ$40 (almost half the price of a game) and anyone that brought the horizonal one needs their head read. if they were cheaper i may buy a vertical one for stability in case it gets knocked as i plan on keeping it vertical (the only thing is you have to get used to putting the disk in left handed as its otherwise awkward)i have seen some third party ones that also have slots in them to hold disk cases which makes sense but they are still expensive for what they are

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.