GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"{Review} Batman: The Dark Knight"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/07/08 at 21:53
Regular
"jermaine_southgate"
Christopher Nolan's 2005 Batman Begins was of my favourite super hero films of the past few years and three years later its sequel is here.Nolan is in my opinion one of the most exciting directors to emerge for a while.I enjoyed all of his previous efforts (although many question whether such is simply a gauge of timely popularity rather than traditional film quality).

Without question, the biggest film of the year. However, having seen the film on two consecutive evenings, I would attest that it is not only the finest comic book film of the year, Lt.Gordon decide to join forces with the new district attorney Harvey Dent in a bid to rid Gotham City of a vicious and psychopathic bank robber known only as The Dark Knight.

Alas, The Dark Knight is not without its fair share of contrivances and curiosities, The script kept me enthralled and there are some great lines to enjoy here too (again I won't spoil them) as well as one or two surprises along the way.

When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote... of a soul?

The Dark Knight is not a simplistic A-to-B story – Within little time Batman learns more about the Joker and gets to see him via the CCTV within the Bank he robbed. But focus turns to another new character in the film / series. Harvey Dent, Jack Nicholson’s campy iteration of the Caped Crusader’s most famed enemy, there are some great lines to enjoy here too (again I won't spoil them) as well as one or two surprises along the way.

All I would say is if he does not receive a nomination I will be extremely interested to see the performances that beat him.

Is The Dark Knight perfect? No – 10/10
Thanks for reading, Thanks for reading, Go and see it on the biggest screen you can find !

John Nash
Fri 01/08/08 at 22:04
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Guys, why so serious?

Let's put a smile on your faces.
Wed 30/07/08 at 22:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
are you being serious,mate?This is despicable,nuff said
Wed 30/07/08 at 22:06
Regular
"jermaine_southgate"
no. why?.
Wed 30/07/08 at 22:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
Are you trying to get banned or something ?.
Wed 30/07/08 at 22:02
Regular
"jermaine_southgate"
thanks chris_1 im planning my next review to be of Soul Calibre 4 Playstation 3 game
Wed 30/07/08 at 22:02
Regular
"I like turtles"
Man,you are like a naughty school kid !.That was actually quite funny though.
Wed 30/07/08 at 22:01
Regular
"The definitive tag"
great review john i look forward to your next one
Wed 30/07/08 at 21:53
Regular
"jermaine_southgate"
Christopher Nolan's 2005 Batman Begins was of my favourite super hero films of the past few years and three years later its sequel is here.Nolan is in my opinion one of the most exciting directors to emerge for a while.I enjoyed all of his previous efforts (although many question whether such is simply a gauge of timely popularity rather than traditional film quality).

Without question, the biggest film of the year. However, having seen the film on two consecutive evenings, I would attest that it is not only the finest comic book film of the year, Lt.Gordon decide to join forces with the new district attorney Harvey Dent in a bid to rid Gotham City of a vicious and psychopathic bank robber known only as The Dark Knight.

Alas, The Dark Knight is not without its fair share of contrivances and curiosities, The script kept me enthralled and there are some great lines to enjoy here too (again I won't spoil them) as well as one or two surprises along the way.

When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote... of a soul?

The Dark Knight is not a simplistic A-to-B story – Within little time Batman learns more about the Joker and gets to see him via the CCTV within the Bank he robbed. But focus turns to another new character in the film / series. Harvey Dent, Jack Nicholson’s campy iteration of the Caped Crusader’s most famed enemy, there are some great lines to enjoy here too (again I won't spoil them) as well as one or two surprises along the way.

All I would say is if he does not receive a nomination I will be extremely interested to see the performances that beat him.

Is The Dark Knight perfect? No – 10/10
Thanks for reading, Thanks for reading, Go and see it on the biggest screen you can find !

John Nash

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.