GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Better than Colin McRae?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/10/02 at 17:05
Regular
The review on games domain certainly makes it sound like it could be - does anyone know when this game is out - im almost definately going to get it.

Let me no - ~ Ben ~
Mon 14/10/02 at 17:05
The review on games domain certainly makes it sound like it could be - does anyone know when this game is out - im almost definately going to get it.

Let me no - ~ Ben ~
Mon 14/10/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Which game?
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Could it be Rally Fusion? Help us out here, we need to know what it's called before we can tell you when it's released.
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:40
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Could it be WRC II Extreme ?
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:26
Regular
I dunno, its quite good, and you certainly wouldn`t be disappointed if you got it... but there are other alternatives. The one I suggest is better in terms of gameplay in my opinion. It has smoother controls and a more addictive style of play. Combine this with its superb graphics and you`re looking at a pretty incredible game!

On the other hand, the last game on the list does have its own strengths in the form of the co-op mode, and its extra screen options - 60Hz, Widescreen etc...

Its a tough decision, but any of those four would probably make a good choice.
Wed 30/10/02 at 17:34
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Which game?

Rally Fusion!! Sorry!
Thu 31/10/02 at 12:56
Regular
It won't take much to beat Colin McRae Rally 3:

- Poor handling
- Average graphics
- Sometimes difficult to tell which way to go, even with the directions being shouted out to you (worse on GB)

Hell, even Colin McRae Rally 2 beats this.
Thu 31/10/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Nomino, some points were bit harsh, I think handling is good - better than WRC II anyway, graphics are great (except pop up) and I know what you mean about which route to take - there need to be more barriers blocking off the wrong routes.
Excellent game overall though, difficulty level is set just right, even on Normal - season 2 - the computer set times are very competitive, this game will take ages to finish.
Well worth £33.99
You will not find anything to beat GT3 for years so you have to judge all other racing games WITHOUT comparing them to GT3.
Stop moaning and get playing :)
Thu 31/10/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Nomino wrote:
> It won't take much to beat Colin McRae Rally 3:

wtf ?!?

>
> - Poor handling

Uh -, It's got the best handling of any rally game currently available.

> - Average graphics

again - uh - yes there is some pop up on the tree line on some levels and no they are not as crisp as GT but apart from that they are great. Maybe your defination of average is based on GT - Toca's graphics are what I would call average - CMR3's are much better than that.

> - Sometimes difficult to tell which way to go, even with the
> directions being shouted out to you (worse on GB)

It aint difficult at all - it only gets difficult if you are lagging because of a prang or something like that and you get behind Grist's calls.

>
> Hell, even Colin McRae Rally 2 beats this.

No it doesn't.
Thu 31/10/02 at 13:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Bit of a shame that McRae & Ford and McRae & Grist parted company before the games release :|
Just think CMR4 will have him driving a Citroen (maybe ?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.