GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please help my computer is a bas..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/10/05 at 22:50
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
Right let me explain. A little while ago my brother decided to get DC++ and this ran fine..for a bit. It started to mess up my computer and so I uninstalled it and then my problem began. By doing this I somehow managed to get rid of my internet connection. Before this I could play The Battle for Middle Earth online without any problems. I managed to fix the connection and could go online on the internet and even though it messes up MSN. But I can't go on Battle for Middle Earth(BFME).It says that either it can't establish a connection or it goes and tries to go to the screen where you login. It takes about a minute to get there and when I try to login it says there is a login timeout.

I then reinstalled BFME..didn't work.
I then reinstalled the internet...didn't work
I then reinstalled BFME..again..didn't work

Same problem with the game.

Everytime I turn on my computer it comes up with some Windows error screen which says something about firewalls and asks if I want to send an error report.Also some website called Zango opens and it asks if I want to install it or something but because it is something I don't recognize I don't install it.

I have no idea what to do so I would really like it if you good people would help me.

I have also gone on the EA website and done what it recommends but the game still doesn't work.
Wed 26/10/05 at 16:54
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
I closed the contol center for it and it has stopped bothering me and Battle for Middle Earth has started working online.Yess!

Thank you all for your help it is very much appreciated.
Wed 26/10/05 at 16:41
Regular
"8==="
Had that before on another comp.

[URL]http://www.download.com/Spyware-Center/2001-2023_4-0.html?tag=nav_dir[/URL]

Try all of these. I know one removes it but I've forgotten which.
Wed 26/10/05 at 16:38
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
It says that(AVG) there was a virus dtected while opening C:\WINDOWS\System32\rdriv.sys and it won't go away. I press heal and it says it is healed but then comes up again and when it said you need to restart to complete heal but it came back when the computer came back on.

Sorry if there are loads of mistakes I can only see half of the screen due to virus detected box.
Wed 26/10/05 at 15:20
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
Cheers for all the help. I will try these.
Wed 26/10/05 at 00:52
Regular
"8==="
Must be the 'Dr' one then.

It's the best one but only free for a trial period.

I've tried them all and I've found Adaware finds the most stuff on average with AVG sorting out anything it's missed.
Wed 26/10/05 at 00:48
Regular
"Captain to you."
Spybot search and destroy is completly free.
Wed 26/10/05 at 00:41
Regular
"8==="
Yep that's very good on a short-term basis.

Long-term you have to pay, no doubt you've a cracked version though. :P
Wed 26/10/05 at 00:19
Regular
"Captain to you."
Spybot search and destroy.

ask your brother where he downloaded DC++ from please.
Wed 26/10/05 at 00:00
Regular
"8==="
Update Adaware and run it.

Get AVG free and run it.

Adaware won't stop everything on it's own.
Tue 25/10/05 at 23:58
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
Now my comp keeps on going to search engines when I type in a website or try to access a page on the internet.It took me ages to get this far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.