GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To Go Or Not To Go"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/02 at 12:03
Regular
Ok I've been at Sixth Form for about a month now. I just got in you see, for some reason they wouldn't let me in and so I had to force my way in and hey it worked.

But now I'm on their list of people to chuck out again and overall I hate going to Sixth Form. Wake up every morning early, go in, sit around not do much, do a few lessons then come home with homework. It's like school all over again and I hate it.

So I'm thinking maybe I could quit befoe they chuck me out but what are the advantages and disadvantages?

I can tell you some of the advantages...

1. No more early mornings.

2. Time for a job and money so I can buy things without having to relie on my parents.

3. More time to practice guitar.

4. More time to practice singing.

5. More time to write my own music.

6. More time to play games.

7. More money to buy games.

8. More time to try and win games :-D

9. Less stressful time.

There's loads more but you get the point. You know I just don't want to be sitting in a classroom doing something I don't want to do for much of the time. The only thing I am scared about is when I actually do need the qualifications to do a certain job etc. But can't I just do smaller courses when I'm older to gain these? Say for I.T?!?

Money's the biggest problem right now and I'm struggling to balance Sixth Form yet alone a job. I feel so guilty using my parents money and I don't want to be stuck in some rubbish part time place.

So views please...
Sun 13/10/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Stay.

Sure, you could leave now and get a job, but with just GCSE's the kind of job you get now will probably be what you end up doing for the rest of your life in many ways. Think it's hard balancing sixth form right now ? It'll be 10 times harder to do any courses like IT once you're in employment.

Sixth Form opens the way for University, even if you don't do well at A Levels you can usually get in somewhere. Once you've got a degree then your chance of getting a better job increases - loads of employers don't care what degree you have or from where - it just shows you can stick at doing something and put effort into what you do.

You have to look at it long term, instead of just in the short term. After sixth form I went to a university, didn't like it, had a gap year. In the gap year I got a job and seriously thought about packing any more educacation in- I was ending up with about £600 a month and quite liked it. Even got as far as asking to stay on where I was working, I was told I could, but after talking to someone I know there I saw it'd be a bad idea really and went back to University.

Money is a pain, but you've got to prioratise. Loads of people don't even get the chance to go on to do A levels - sounds like your parents are supporting you - you might not like it, but they wouldn't do it unless they could.

Take the chance and stick at it, its better to regret what you've done, than what you haven't done.

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:09
Regular
6th form is crap.......... was crap for me.... previous secondary skool years were 10 tiems better the ppl now i used to know turned into some posh, geeky ppl now.....
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:06
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
If I were you, I'd stay. You're going to be working the rest of your life...you may as well put it off for as long as possible.
Sun 13/10/02 at 16:00
Regular
Yes, it was so important that it had to be said twice.
Sun 13/10/02 at 15:57
Regular
Leave then, sounds like you've already made up your mind. Loads of places are looking for Christmas temps and most of them can lead into permanent work after.
Sun 13/10/02 at 15:56
Regular
Leave then, sounds like you've already made up your mind. Loads of places are looking for Christmas temps and most of them can lead into permanent work after.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:54
"Uzi Lover"
Mystique wrote:
> Oh and as soon as you get a job...Your parents will want rent.

They won't be wanting rent off me. They are pretty nice. It's just I feel guilty them buying me all my stuff all the time. I just wanna put on soem suit, get the money, go buy my own stuff and just feel more older that's all.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Selected"
I'd say drop out of that 6th form and join a different college.

getting a job at the age your at now (even if it is your 2nd year of 6th form or not) would just suck.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:09
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Drama - A>
> English - BB (shoulda been A)>
> Geography - C (She didnt let me do the higher paper?!? SO it was the
> highest I could get)>
> Graphics - C>
> R.E - C>
> Science - DD
> > German - D
> > Maths - D>
> See, pretty poop. .

I'd say they were pretty good.
Sun 13/10/02 at 14:08
Regular
I'd stay in. I dropped out of sixth form, stupidest thing I ever did.
Ever...Except jumping off of that swing and landing like the Coyote from the roadrunner cartoons.
Anyways.

Full time jobs are really hard to come by and working part time sucks balls, belive me. I've been there.....unless you've got something already set up then you are one hell of a jammy git.

Oh and as soon as you get a job...Your parents will want rent.

Stay in school kids.

(Not one word of that made sense)
Oh do shut up, you're always picking on me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.