GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email problems?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/07/08 at 21:32
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I can receive email okay but not send. I get the server error 554 error number 0800ccc79.

I've done a lot of messing around on my computer the last 48 hours and the only things still screwed (I hope :( )are outgoing emails and WoW. I've checked the help page for setting up outlook express and double checked the info. All correct as far as I can see. I've since clicked 'my server requires authentication'.

I have no trouble receiving emails so before I start going in circles again - is it me?
Wed 30/07/08 at 09:47
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
No problem!
Don't forget, if you're on a non-Freeola connection and you'll need to subscribe to our E-mail Freedom Service.
Wed 30/07/08 at 08:36
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Love your tagline. It's what I've been saying since Sunday, along with a few other 'choice' words :)

For years I refused to give up Freeola as I didn't want to lose my email address. Sadly, with the advances to the site, when I moved to a house with cable and Freeola had webmail I switched to the faster connection.

Thanks for the reply but at that time in the morning I'd already quit and gone to bed ><. I'll delete the account and start again.

Cheers
Wed 30/07/08 at 00:56
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The SMTP server is working fine. Are you using a Freeola connection and trying to use or SMTP server to send email?
If so then you don't need smpt-auth enabled.
# Open Outlook Express, and click Tools
# Then click on Accounts
# Then click on your email account and click Properties
# Then click Advanced
# On this screen remove the checks from the boxes This server requires a secure connection for both Outgoing mail (SMTP) and Incoming mail (POP3).

Otherwise try deleting your email account completely and set it up again, as the registry settings and email store can very occasional become corrupted, which causes problems like this.
Tue 29/07/08 at 21:32
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I can receive email okay but not send. I get the server error 554 error number 0800ccc79.

I've done a lot of messing around on my computer the last 48 hours and the only things still screwed (I hope :( )are outgoing emails and WoW. I've checked the help page for setting up outlook express and double checked the info. All correct as far as I can see. I've since clicked 'my server requires authentication'.

I have no trouble receiving emails so before I start going in circles again - is it me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.