GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"METAL GEAR SOLID 2 THE MOVIE"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/10/02 at 19:43
Regular
I was playing Metal Gear Solid 2 the other day and then I wondered what if there was a movie on it? You never know, it could happen. But then I thought who would play who. Who would play Snake? Who would play Raiden? Here’s the people that I thought should play the characters…READ ON

ROSEMARY- Kate Beckinsale… who has been in Pearl Harbour and Shooting fish.

Why?
Playing Raiden’s girlfriend is a small but crucial role (they won’t need to concentrate on game saves in the movie) so we need someone who can act. Besides, Kate and Rosemary look a bit alike and any film is vastly improved by featuring the delectable Kate. She’s no stranger to military action on boats either…

Emma Emmerich- Liz Hurley… who’s been in Bedazzled, Austin Powers.

Why?
Well if Octacon’s going to be played by an Englishmen (see below) his computer expert sister might as well be English too. Anyway, there aren’t many female roles in this movie so we might as well have a good looking women around, right?

OCTACON- Christian Bale… who’s been in American Psycho, Shaft.

Why?
We saw in American Psycho that Brit actor Bale can play obsessive. God knows Octacon has got to be some kind of obsessive to listen to Snake wittering on for so long. Bale looks intelligent enough to play him too. I reckon Bale’s passion would do the trick.

REVOLVER OCELOT- Vladimir Kulich… who’s been in X files, 13th warrior, Firestorm.

Why?
He’s certainly got the looks (although I would have preferred Oliver Reed if he were alive) and he carries with him the physical presence that Revolver would need to fill the movie screen. This is Kulich’s role, big but not required to carry the entire film.

OLGA GURLUKOVICH- Cameron Diaz… who’s been in Charlie’s Angels, There’s Something about Mary, The Last Supper.

Why?
Olga has a sassy tomboy feel to her that I suspect miss Diaz could carry off easily. Despite a string of glamour roles she’s no stranger to dressing down- take a look at Being John Malkovich for God’s sake!- so the combats and brutally short hair are well within her range. And basically I’d like to see her in a striped T-shirt.

COLONEL- Kurt Russell…who’s been in Soldier, Escape from New York, The Fox and The Hound.

Why?
Russell’s no stranger to parts like this- rugged, military types. Now he’s decided to go for character roles (see Vanilla Sky) then this is just the kind of part for him. He won’t have to do much, just convince Raiden that the blonde-hared streak of rat’s p*** isn’t a useless git. And the whole Snake Plissken connection is too good to pass up.

FORTUNE- WWE superstar Jackie…who’s been in..erm, the wwe mainly,um, a couple of headlocks?

Why?
The role of Fortune demands a lot of strength, this women spends most of her time wielding a bloody big gun so your Jane Horrocks of this world just wouldn’t fit the bill right? Casting a wrestler in a film would also attract the millions who are absolutely crazy about wrestling.

SOLIDUS SNAKE- Bruce Willis… who’s been in 6th Sense, Die Hard, North.

Why?
I was tempted by Rutger Hauer but ruled him out as just being too old. Admittedly this casting is a risk but Bruce has shown in films like 12 monkeys and 6th sense that he has the intensity for this kind of role. Also there are question marks over whether he has enough height, but some tricksy camera work should do the job. His sneer and air-of-seen-it-all-before superiority should bring just the right degree of animal power to the role.

FATMAN- Jack Nicholson… who’s been in the shining,Easy rider, Wolf

Why?
If you want a man to play a nutcase bomber in a protection suit then I can think of no-one better suited. It’s only a small role so we’ll just get him to do one of his really intense cameos, but these kinds of things can make a film. The fact that he’s adding a few pounds in his dotage won’t be too much of a problem, infact, it may even help the role.

VAMP- Antonio Banderas… who’s been in Spy Kids, Zorro, Evita.

Why?
Well the movement and look of the character Vamp is actually based on that irritatingly famous flamenco dancer Joachin Cortes, but I reckon Banderas would bring more menace to the role without sacrificing much in the way of movement. I wouldn’t mind seeing a bullet hole in Banderas’ head anyway…

RAIDEN- Tobey Maguire… who’s been in Spiderman, The Cider House Rules, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas.

Why?
He’s young enough to play the inexperienced operative and make it convincing. All that running around in a tight suit while trying to keep his real identity a secret as Spiderman should set him in a good stead. Not sure about the blonde hair but it could work.

SOLID SNAKE- Hugh Jackman… who’s been in X-men, Swordfish, my Mum’s fantasies

Why?
This is the big one. And after a lot of thought I could find no-one better than Clint-Eastwood wannabe Jackman. He’s got the physical similarity (and Kurt Russell is too old) but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. He’s got the moves, and he has an intensity that could carry the brooding whispers of the troubled of the troubled, anxious Solid Snake. Also, in a coincidence to beautiful to ignore, one of the writers to X2, the upcoming Xmen sequel, is David Haytar. Hayter is the voice of Solid Snake in both games. You couldn’t make it up.

What do YOU think?
Fri 11/10/02 at 19:43
"cheerios"
I was playing Metal Gear Solid 2 the other day and then I wondered what if there was a movie on it? You never know, it could happen. But then I thought who would play who. Who would play Snake? Who would play Raiden? Here’s the people that I thought should play the characters…READ ON

ROSEMARY- Kate Beckinsale… who has been in Pearl Harbour and Shooting fish.

Why?
Playing Raiden’s girlfriend is a small but crucial role (they won’t need to concentrate on game saves in the movie) so we need someone who can act. Besides, Kate and Rosemary look a bit alike and any film is vastly improved by featuring the delectable Kate. She’s no stranger to military action on boats either…

Emma Emmerich- Liz Hurley… who’s been in Bedazzled, Austin Powers.

Why?
Well if Octacon’s going to be played by an Englishmen (see below) his computer expert sister might as well be English too. Anyway, there aren’t many female roles in this movie so we might as well have a good looking women around, right?

OCTACON- Christian Bale… who’s been in American Psycho, Shaft.

Why?
We saw in American Psycho that Brit actor Bale can play obsessive. God knows Octacon has got to be some kind of obsessive to listen to Snake wittering on for so long. Bale looks intelligent enough to play him too. I reckon Bale’s passion would do the trick.

REVOLVER OCELOT- Vladimir Kulich… who’s been in X files, 13th warrior, Firestorm.

Why?
He’s certainly got the looks (although I would have preferred Oliver Reed if he were alive) and he carries with him the physical presence that Revolver would need to fill the movie screen. This is Kulich’s role, big but not required to carry the entire film.

OLGA GURLUKOVICH- Cameron Diaz… who’s been in Charlie’s Angels, There’s Something about Mary, The Last Supper.

Why?
Olga has a sassy tomboy feel to her that I suspect miss Diaz could carry off easily. Despite a string of glamour roles she’s no stranger to dressing down- take a look at Being John Malkovich for God’s sake!- so the combats and brutally short hair are well within her range. And basically I’d like to see her in a striped T-shirt.

COLONEL- Kurt Russell…who’s been in Soldier, Escape from New York, The Fox and The Hound.

Why?
Russell’s no stranger to parts like this- rugged, military types. Now he’s decided to go for character roles (see Vanilla Sky) then this is just the kind of part for him. He won’t have to do much, just convince Raiden that the blonde-hared streak of rat’s p*** isn’t a useless git. And the whole Snake Plissken connection is too good to pass up.

FORTUNE- WWE superstar Jackie…who’s been in..erm, the wwe mainly,um, a couple of headlocks?

Why?
The role of Fortune demands a lot of strength, this women spends most of her time wielding a bloody big gun so your Jane Horrocks of this world just wouldn’t fit the bill right? Casting a wrestler in a film would also attract the millions who are absolutely crazy about wrestling.

SOLIDUS SNAKE- Bruce Willis… who’s been in 6th Sense, Die Hard, North.

Why?
I was tempted by Rutger Hauer but ruled him out as just being too old. Admittedly this casting is a risk but Bruce has shown in films like 12 monkeys and 6th sense that he has the intensity for this kind of role. Also there are question marks over whether he has enough height, but some tricksy camera work should do the job. His sneer and air-of-seen-it-all-before superiority should bring just the right degree of animal power to the role.

FATMAN- Jack Nicholson… who’s been in the shining,Easy rider, Wolf

Why?
If you want a man to play a nutcase bomber in a protection suit then I can think of no-one better suited. It’s only a small role so we’ll just get him to do one of his really intense cameos, but these kinds of things can make a film. The fact that he’s adding a few pounds in his dotage won’t be too much of a problem, infact, it may even help the role.

VAMP- Antonio Banderas… who’s been in Spy Kids, Zorro, Evita.

Why?
Well the movement and look of the character Vamp is actually based on that irritatingly famous flamenco dancer Joachin Cortes, but I reckon Banderas would bring more menace to the role without sacrificing much in the way of movement. I wouldn’t mind seeing a bullet hole in Banderas’ head anyway…

RAIDEN- Tobey Maguire… who’s been in Spiderman, The Cider House Rules, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas.

Why?
He’s young enough to play the inexperienced operative and make it convincing. All that running around in a tight suit while trying to keep his real identity a secret as Spiderman should set him in a good stead. Not sure about the blonde hair but it could work.

SOLID SNAKE- Hugh Jackman… who’s been in X-men, Swordfish, my Mum’s fantasies

Why?
This is the big one. And after a lot of thought I could find no-one better than Clint-Eastwood wannabe Jackman. He’s got the physical similarity (and Kurt Russell is too old) but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. He’s got the moves, and he has an intensity that could carry the brooding whispers of the troubled of the troubled, anxious Solid Snake. Also, in a coincidence to beautiful to ignore, one of the writers to X2, the upcoming Xmen sequel, is David Haytar. Hayter is the voice of Solid Snake in both games. You couldn’t make it up.

What do YOU think?
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:04
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Jack Nicholson as Fat Man?! COME ON!! Not a chance! I can't see it at all.

And old or not, Kurt Russel IS the only Snake. Not the Colonel anyway.

Oh and I'd switch round Raiden and Olga. Diaz can be Raiden and Maguire can be Olga.

I can see Banderas as Vamp though.

And you have to fit in Robert Downey Jr somewhere. Not sure who's he'd play though.
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:07
"cheerios"
yeah...but now you've got me thinking that if Robert Downey Jr was in it, who would he play?
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:33
Regular
Sean Bean as Solidus Snake, surely.
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:38
"cheerios"
i don't know about that one, i'm sticking with brucey
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
It could be a one man show. Bean could play everyone!
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:51
Regular
Hell yeah, beatch. Bean should be in every movie. Even those crappy chick flick ones. He could shoot Hugh Grant. In the head.

In other Bean related news, yours truly is going to see him play Macbeth at the local theatre. A-ha!

"Is this a dagger I see before me? Ah, so it is! DIE EVERYONE WHOS NOT GOT A NORTHERN ACCENT, DIE DIE!"
Fri 11/10/02 at 21:06
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh that's fair! You get to see Bean and I get to see man-faced Glenn Close.

I'm going to see A Streetcar Named Desire as I'm doing it in English you see. My teacher told me it was her/him and Ian Holm. But it isn't Ian Holm, it's some Ian Glenn guy. I wanted to see Ian Holm! Hell, he's more attractive than Glenn Close. And the scary thing is I'm serious!
Fri 11/10/02 at 21:40
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Stryke wrote:
> Sean Bean as Solidus Snake, surely.

Gotta agree there, especially with the whole English-connection thingy 9no pun intended). I think casting WWE's Jackie as Fortune would be a phat idea, and Denise Richards needs a part in this film :D

It would suck if it WAS made, though, I reckon. Good ideas though, some inexperienced director would take it up and make a totally mediocre shitefest out of it.

Ah well, I can dream, right? Like SPIELBERGO could nmake it!? Indeed...
Sat 12/10/02 at 07:48
"cheerios"
after thinking about it, maybe you're right

sean bean would do very well for the role of Solidus

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.