GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"King Kong"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie'.
Wed 26/10/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Mozzy"
I just played the demo (won it on the Ubisoft website) and it's actually quite cool. The graphics are very good and I dunno why but it feels very original and i've never played a game like it (even though there probably are games like it).

The demo isn't like those sh*tty ones you get with the PS2 magazines, it's well put together and allows you to play the game for a reasonable time.

It lets you play as one of the survivors running away from the T-Rex (this was my favorite bit), you have to run away from the T-Rex for a bit, then you have to shoot it while this other bloke is trying to find a hiding place. You eventually find a hiding place and then that part of the demo ends leaving you thinking whether the T-Rex found them or not.

The second part of the demo allows you to play as King Kong and you have to fight the T-Rex and put this woman in a safe place, you finally kill/hurt the T-Rex and then you have to jump a few obstacles until you get to some more T-Rexes who somehow have another girl hostage and I couldn't kill them so didn't get to see what happened at the end.

Sounds a bit confusing and weird but it was a very good demo and hopefully the full game will be good too.
Wed 26/10/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Mozzy"
I just played the demo (won it on the Ubisoft website) and it's actually quite cool. The graphics are very good and I dunno why but it feels very original and i've never played a game like it (even though there probably are games like it).

The demo isn't like those sh*tty ones you get with the PS2 magazines, it's well put together and allows you to play the game for a reasonable time.

It lets you play as one of the survivors running away from the T-Rex (this was my favorite bit), you have to run away from the T-Rex for a bit, then you have to shoot it while this other bloke is trying to find a hiding place. You eventually find a hiding place and then that part of the demo ends leaving you thinking whether the T-Rex found them or not.

The second part of the demo allows you to play as King Kong and you have to fight the T-Rex and put this woman in a safe place, you finally kill/hurt the T-Rex and then you have to jump a few obstacles until you get to some more T-Rexes who somehow have another girl hostage and I couldn't kill them so didn't get to see what happened at the end.

Sounds a bit confusing and weird but it was a very good demo and hopefully the full game will be good too.
Thu 27/10/05 at 00:46
"High polygon count"
Nooooooooooooo!

Bloody King Kong rubbish. Rubbish films, rubbish idea, rubbish everything!
Thu 27/10/05 at 02:11
Regular
"8==="
I saw some heavily scripted gameplay footage, about as heavily scropted as the opening to the original Half-Life where all you can do is look around, watch and listen.
Wed 01/07/09 at 03:04
Regular
there are two types of games out there.

the normal video game that always is awesome,and king kong.
king kong SUCKS! its just like (awesome,awesome)halo, but the graphics are bad, the guy is hard to control,its so complicated,
and plus, you can finish the game in like..2hours. ITS SO SHORT!
WHY THE *gasp* DID I BUY THAT GAME!!!!????? AAAAUUUURRRRRGGG!!!!!!
Wed 01/07/09 at 14:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
hitmonleex wrote:
> there are two types of games out there.
>
> the normal video game that always is awesome,and king kong.
> king kong SUCKS! its just like (awesome,awesome)halo, but the
> graphics are bad, the guy is hard to control,its so complicated,
>
> and plus, you can finish the game in like..2hours. ITS SO
> SHORT!
> WHY THE *gasp* DID I BUY THAT GAME!!!!?????
> AAAAUUUURRRRRGGG!!!!!!

Haha, here's for incoherent rambling about awful games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.