GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Friday October 25th will be good because....."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/10/02 at 14:55
Regular
Courtesy of playstation.com

"Following two spectacular outings on PS one, Codemasters' legendary Colin McRae series finally makes the jump to PlayStation 2. Fans of the series, which pretty much defined the rally genre on PlayStation, will be pleased to know that Colin McRae Rally 3 has been worth every minute of the agonising wait. Once again, Codemasters has come up trumps and produced a game that raises the bar, not just for rally games, but for the racing genre as a whole. It's not just about the graphical enhancements either, spectacular as they may be; the rock solid gameplay of the series has been refined to create what is probably the most sophisticated rally sim to date. Vehicle handling is unerringly realistic, factoring in road surface, obstacles, weather and car setup to create one of the most lifelike virtual rides ever created"

Forget about any substandard football games - ;-) - that might also be released on that date - You know this is the one you have been waiting for.
Mon 14/10/02 at 16:33
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I love rally games - even playing GT and concept the tracks I keep going back to are the rally tracks. Dunno why but hey. Maybe it's the skittish and unpredictable handling. I love Go-Karting and Quad biking so maybe that's where it comes from ?

I tried a demo of Burnout and frankly was not impressed so I am one of the few on here who hasn't played the full game - I am (still) waiting for the original mag so I can try out the Burnout 2 demo - which may make me buy that sometime - still got some Toca, Stuntman and TIF to play though and CMR3 has been claimed so wont be playing it for a while - And then there'e Timesplitters, Tony Hawks and Vice City to tempt me.

Too many games and not enough time - maybe I should quit work and just play games for 3 months solid !
Mon 14/10/02 at 16:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I saw a running video of CMR3 on PSW, it was a full replay of one of the races, and the graphics look amazing.

Like Burnout 2 and WRC, you can see way off in to the distance and the game has very little or no pop-up at all, everything ran incredibly smooth and fast and the enviroment the game was preveiwed on looked very detailed.

Overall the graphics look far more impressive than then the alright looking, but somewhat flawed graphics engine of Race Driver. It's a game I'll wait to play first before I make a decision to buy it or not, but I've always prefered Rally games to the usual racing titles (burnout 2 being an exception) so may end up getting it yet.
Mon 14/10/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
WRC just didn't do it for me - The handling on the cmr games has always been excellent - the one thing that I do hope they have done that they failed to do on Toca is to improve the graphics considerably over the psx versions. Certainly the video's I have seen have looked good.

Loads more tracks options etc - looking forward to this one popping through the letterbox.

Funny thing is we'll just start playing this and Colin will be starting to drive a Citroen if the rumours are true !
Mon 14/10/02 at 12:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm not too sure about CM3; I much prefer WRC and the forthcoming WRC2, which looks very good.

Still, the original 2 where great, so there's no reason no.3 wont be, I guess I'm just worried that'll fall into the trap of being a graphical update as apposed to a true sequel. I'm probably just being pessimistic though.
Mon 14/10/02 at 11:49
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Blank wrote:
> Ok, that's great. Now tell us why Friday October 25th will be good.

Errr - because Colin McRae Rally 3 is being released

(And so is Pro Evolution 2)

Good enough ?
Sat 12/10/02 at 18:38
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I never thought of that. Closer to Devil May Cry 2, closer to Res Evil Online, closer to everything that's a long way away!
Fri 11/10/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Because it's closer to the date that GTA : Vice City is released than it is now.
Fri 11/10/02 at 17:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Ok, that's great. Now tell us why Friday October 25th will be good.
Fri 11/10/02 at 16:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It's also 2 days before my birthday - hooray for that!

Oh, and Pro Evo 2 is released then too. Yay!
Fri 11/10/02 at 14:55
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Courtesy of playstation.com

"Following two spectacular outings on PS one, Codemasters' legendary Colin McRae series finally makes the jump to PlayStation 2. Fans of the series, which pretty much defined the rally genre on PlayStation, will be pleased to know that Colin McRae Rally 3 has been worth every minute of the agonising wait. Once again, Codemasters has come up trumps and produced a game that raises the bar, not just for rally games, but for the racing genre as a whole. It's not just about the graphical enhancements either, spectacular as they may be; the rock solid gameplay of the series has been refined to create what is probably the most sophisticated rally sim to date. Vehicle handling is unerringly realistic, factoring in road surface, obstacles, weather and car setup to create one of the most lifelike virtual rides ever created"

Forget about any substandard football games - ;-) - that might also be released on that date - You know this is the one you have been waiting for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.