GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 may not be completely backward compatible..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/10/05 at 16:51
Regular
[URL]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=12554[/URL]

Seems even the current PS2 can't even play some PS2 games. Weird.
Mon 31/10/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> This has nothing really to do with the topic, but there is a program
> on next Friday about the Xbox 360 vs the PS3 if anybody's interested,
> it's on BBC2 I think. :)

Have you ever read the games/tech columns on the BBC website? My Dad is more clued in, and he's an idiot.
Sun 30/10/05 at 20:50
Regular
"You have a choice"
Backwards compatible or not, it's not a problem for me!

Because my PS2 was annoying and wouldn't play PS1 games (as well as 60% of DVD's), I went and bought a preowned PSone. Now my PS2's been replaced and it IS backwards compatible, but I wont get reid of them when PS3 comes out, just in case!
Fri 28/10/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Mozzy"
This has nothing really to do with the topic, but there is a program on next Friday about the Xbox 360 vs the PS3 if anybody's interested, it's on BBC2 I think. :)
Fri 28/10/05 at 19:35
Datel releasing an adapter? I doubt it would come to that.
Fri 28/10/05 at 16:44
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hope so otherwise virtually all PS2 games will in effect be unplayable on the PS3.
Fri 28/10/05 at 15:22
"High polygon count"
The memory card thing may not be an issue.

A PS2 memory card is basically an 8Mb Memory Stick in a different casing. Someone like Datel will probably release an adapter that lets you plug the PS2 cards into the Memory Stick slot.
Fri 28/10/05 at 14:49
Regular
"gran turismo master"
apparently the ps3 won't be able to support the ps2 memory cards, even though the ps3 will play the ps2 games. I doubt people will then want to play their ps2 games again if this happens
Fri 28/10/05 at 11:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Quite a few of my PS1 games didn't run or run very well on my PS2. If the PS3 isn't completely backwards compatible that will put quite a few people off.
Thu 27/10/05 at 21:48
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I can't see that it will cause too much of a problem if it's only partially backwards compatible.

I never bother with PSone games anymore. To be fair, I did when I first had my PS2 due to there being a distinct lack of decent PS2 titles on offer in the early days.

I know having 100% backwards compatibility is a nice thing to have, but it isn't really essential. Just hang onto your PS2's until the facts are in.
Thu 27/10/05 at 21:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I often think I should break out Final Fantasy VII or VIII and give it another run through, but in practice I rarely do.

Hopefully they'll test products before they go into profuction from now on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.