GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Remote"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/11/00 at 10:10
Regular
Have any of you bought a DVD remote yet? I looked EVERYWHERE and ended up buying the very last Joytech remote in HMV. It cost 13 quid, and to be honest, it's dump.
All the buttons were muddled up (Stop was enter etc.), so they provided a new sticky lable to paste over it yourself, v. m. mouse. Are there any better ones out there?
Also, the joytech remote is so small it will be lost behind the sofa within 2 days.
I have to say it's much better than using the pad for DVDs though, which is more confusing than a tomb raider puzzle.
Fri 01/12/00 at 11:42
if you want a good way of storing game saves there is a card made by Datel that has a 3 1/2 in floppy drive attached to it you just push a button to load to or save from the card to disk. I will find out the web site addres for a site that has plans and software for a cable to link your cards to a PC and you can save them on there with the software provided. you will have heaps of storage then as you can load and save at will. unless you have a PC that has such a small hard drive it barely functions hahaha
Fri 01/12/00 at 00:23
It looks like we both had the same Memory Card and both had the same trouble with it, but we both must have thought that we were the only ones who had that type of problem! I tried to contact Joytech, but there customer support was next to nothing! I agree now that I would only get a Sony Memory Card, unless I was sure that it did not wipe any Save Games, as 1 of them it wiped off was 95+ Hours I spent on Final Fantasy 7!!!
Thu 30/11/00 at 23:16
Regular
"Whatever!"
Joytech!!! Thats what I had trouble with. I saved up to 15 games on it I think then it just kind of wiped them clean and wouldnt work after that. Threw it away after that and have never got anything other than official Sony stuff since.
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:04
I remember having trouble with an Un-Official Memory card, maybe you had the same problem. I think it was a Joytech 8MB one, and I could only get 15 Save Games on it, and a few times the disk was completely wiped for no reason! I then eventually threw the card away, failing to get a refund. But I treated that as a One-Off, and I have not had any more trouble with other things, as it also saves you money! I also got that Mad-Katz DVD Remote, that I ordered along with my PS2 Unit and everything else, and it is a good remote, although it does not seem to work as a TV and VCR remote, as I can only plug in the PS2 or the VCR, as my TV only has 2 Scart Sockets!!!
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:11
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Someone mentioned once before here that it is incredible that Sony couldn't include a remote with the system, let alone fail to supply them at launch.
With the number of remotes they make (tvs, hi-fis and vids), it would cost them nothing to get an official PS2 one out in no time.
PS2 is incredible, don't get me wrong, but a built-in IR transciever wouldn't have gone a miss (for small data transfer).
I know it's very picky, and with the various I/O ports there will be no problem with compatibility / connectivity etc. errr so I'll shut up now.
Thu 30/11/00 at 15:20
Regular
"Whatever!"
Does anyone know if Sony plan to release an official DVD remote control over here? I believe the new model in Japan is bundled with an official Sony remote control. Only I dont trust the unofficial makes ever since I had trouble with a memory card.
Thu 30/11/00 at 13:41
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Nice! I will invest in one of those. This site also sells the little joytech ones.
Thu 30/11/00 at 12:51
I bought the MadCatz remote. £19.99 from my local GAME store. Very very sexy looking and more functional. Has all the buttons necessary also acts as a joypad.

Can also control your TV and VCR. I`m happy with it and it's sexy style matches my PS2. They sell them here also.

Dan
Thu 30/11/00 at 10:46
i read that they are planning on having it built in which i reckon is a way better idea also the dvd driver will be built in like our rather then on disk, which is probably for 2 resons 1 for convineance so you dont have to loed them in all the time and 2 to stop those who have got a copy of the development DVD drivers that were accidantly sold with the first couple of hundred PS2s as they had no disk security you could just write a new cd
Thu 30/11/00 at 10:39
I thought it just had a plug-in receiver like the third party remotes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.