GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop Whining"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/10/02 at 22:13
Regular
Yes, I'm doing a whining topic telling people to stop whining, great eh ?

Anyway, for some reason a fair few people have decided that newbies are the SR forums equivalent of Al Queda, well maybe not that bad but anyway...

Firstly, by complaining it does nothing, apart from deterring newbies to stay here, which is bad. Unless anyone out there who isn't staff was automatically made a regular as soon as they registered then you were a newbie once. How would you have liked it if everyone constantly had a go at you ?

And before we get the "I didn't post spam" e.t.c. replies, you probably did, we all have at one point. And a fair few regulars and notables post topics that to a newbie appear pretty much spam like.

Fact is, IMHO, that the constant whining on here by a minority, about newbies, spam, poor topics e.t.c. is clogging up the forums with more useless junk than even the most enthusiastic newbie could manage.

It isn't fun, it isn't interesting, and it's mind numbingly boring. You also won't win GAD for it.

So sure, carry on the newbie witchhunting, but it'll make the forums a worse place and cause more people to leave than the newbies ever will.

Try giving people a chance for a change, especially as those making the most fuss are pretty much guilty of the spam topic things themselves...

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:13
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Yes, I'm doing a whining topic telling people to stop whining, great eh ?

Anyway, for some reason a fair few people have decided that newbies are the SR forums equivalent of Al Queda, well maybe not that bad but anyway...

Firstly, by complaining it does nothing, apart from deterring newbies to stay here, which is bad. Unless anyone out there who isn't staff was automatically made a regular as soon as they registered then you were a newbie once. How would you have liked it if everyone constantly had a go at you ?

And before we get the "I didn't post spam" e.t.c. replies, you probably did, we all have at one point. And a fair few regulars and notables post topics that to a newbie appear pretty much spam like.

Fact is, IMHO, that the constant whining on here by a minority, about newbies, spam, poor topics e.t.c. is clogging up the forums with more useless junk than even the most enthusiastic newbie could manage.

It isn't fun, it isn't interesting, and it's mind numbingly boring. You also won't win GAD for it.

So sure, carry on the newbie witchhunting, but it'll make the forums a worse place and cause more people to leave than the newbies ever will.

Try giving people a chance for a change, especially as those making the most fuss are pretty much guilty of the spam topic things themselves...

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:17
Regular
""to many dead hero""
finaly i agree with you there
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:18
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
LOL CHANGING YOU NAME LOL
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:18
Regular
I agree, the whining is *almost* as bad as the actual Newbie spam topics themselves. It would be better if everyone would ignore them, but unfortunatly that would never happen.

Still, not everyone posts whining topics about newbies

*cough*
http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php? [space]threadid=56173&forumid=416
*cough*

;)
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:19
Regular
newbies don't bother me, its people who act like they should still be using a high chair and bib, those people know who they are. You're right though, I think half the time I come on here there is some gimp having a petty arguement about who's turn it is to play with the lego today. Best just to ignore it, or destroy their pride with some well timed sarcasm....
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Er, fair enough.
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Bazzman wrote:
> LOL CHANGING YOU NAME LOL

LOL LOOK MOM ALL CAPITALS BECAUSE ITS EASIER TO READ....

He spelt his name right, get over it.

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 11/10/02 at 00:03
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Belldandy wrote:

> And before we get the "I didn't post spam" e.t.c. replies, you probably did, we all have at one point. And a fair few regulars and notables post topics that to a newbie appear pretty much spam like.
-------

No, I actually haven't done that, does that mean I'm allowed to say that others have?

(And I actually REALLY haven't, I dare ANYONE to find a spammy topic of mine. I'll change my name to something embarrasing if you do.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.