GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cannon Fodder"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/11/00 at 09:42
Regular
Has anyone got Cannon Fodder on the Game Boy Color yet?? - Whats it like?? - I will get this hopefully for Christmas as it is one of the best games I had on the Amiga and I want to own it again. It sounds like Codemasters have done a pretty good job on translating it to the handheld as all the features stay included. It has been getting some decent ratings, every review given it 90% (9/10) or more so far.
I use to stay up all night long playing this, it was so addictive. Never forget the memorable songs, the simple graphics and the excellent action.

I reckon they should make a next generation Cannon Fodder and make it playable online. Perhaps something similar to Commandos 2 which is out next year, but keeping the original gameplay which was always so easy to learn (point, click, shoot!!). Yeah that would be great, having your own built up army going head to head with other peoples online, being able to take control of tanks and just blowing everything out of sight. I am sure it would sell well as nearly everyone loves Cannon Fodder!!
Thu 30/11/00 at 09:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
Has anyone got Cannon Fodder on the Game Boy Color yet?? - Whats it like?? - I will get this hopefully for Christmas as it is one of the best games I had on the Amiga and I want to own it again. It sounds like Codemasters have done a pretty good job on translating it to the handheld as all the features stay included. It has been getting some decent ratings, every review given it 90% (9/10) or more so far.
I use to stay up all night long playing this, it was so addictive. Never forget the memorable songs, the simple graphics and the excellent action.

I reckon they should make a next generation Cannon Fodder and make it playable online. Perhaps something similar to Commandos 2 which is out next year, but keeping the original gameplay which was always so easy to learn (point, click, shoot!!). Yeah that would be great, having your own built up army going head to head with other peoples online, being able to take control of tanks and just blowing everything out of sight. I am sure it would sell well as nearly everyone loves Cannon Fodder!!
Mon 04/12/00 at 09:39
Yes Cannon Fodder on the Amiga was brilliant, simple yet addictive. The humour set it apart, ...did you ever format a disk and see the barage of humour that followed. Or did you ever get to that level titled
"B****r me its Cold"
Superb, the elaborate gravestones that got better with rank, and the home:away scores...it had it all!
Still great fun now, Hopefully the gameboy version will be just as good.
Wed 09/05/01 at 00:17
Regular
"Back For Good"
Cannon Fodder 1 and 2 are still most definatly ones of my all time favourites.I owned an Amiga and it ruled.i hope i'll be able to download it on the Ps2 hard drive or soomin cus i sold my amiga years ago and i really miss it.
Thu 21/06/01 at 19:43
spring wrote 'The humour set it apart, ...'
You forgot about the level titled 'Sheep Shagger's Delight' where if u sent your men up to sheep, they would explode.

It was a classic. Someone should definitely create a new updated version of it with 3D graphics and the works. They shouldn't take it too far though, it should be just like the original, simple and fun, just updated. I bought Cannon Fodder 1&2 on PC CD for a mere £3 each. The only problem is that they dont run too well on new PCs so an updated version designed for the latest pentiums and graphics cards would be ideal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.