GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So much for 'the ref is always right'..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/10/02 at 16:54
Regular
http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral /news/Kind=2/newsId=37776.html

(Remove 1 space)

And FIFA want the English FA to stop using video evidence to undermine refereeing decisions?

Give us refs who know the rules first!
Thu 10/10/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Wobble"
http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral /news/Kind=2/newsId=37776.html

(Remove 1 space)

And FIFA want the English FA to stop using video evidence to undermine refereeing decisions?

Give us refs who know the rules first!
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:39
Regular
Football should use video refs like in Super League
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:41
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm a referee, I'm never wrogn...
Fri 11/10/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That's just yet-another refferee slacking-off - kinda like they all do...

But he should have checked to see if all players were in their correct halves, even our lame men in black can do that in the Premiership!

I don't think this particular incident aids the need for the use of Video Technology, although many other incidents i've seen over the last 12 months certainly do!
Fri 11/10/02 at 17:43
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I reckon that the refs should use T.V. camera's when the ball is on the line or just over. But there would be 1 problem with this, how would they stop play to check the camera's?
Fri 11/10/02 at 17:49
"High polygon count"
The play is usually stopped for at least a minute in such cases by the amount of protesting that goes on. In that time, the ref could run to the sidelines to see an instant replay.

All you need is 6 monitors around the field - one at each corner, and one either end of the halfway line.
Fri 11/10/02 at 17:58
Regular
"Baros!!!"
What about if the ball is cleared off the line (but should be a goal) and the other team goes on to score.

What would the ref do then?
Fri 11/10/02 at 18:24
"High polygon count"
If there's a protest about a goal-line clearance, it should be reviewed by video instantly anyway - so in my view, play would be stopped before the other team went on to score.
Fri 11/10/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
At the amount of protests I get while reffing teams it's not a good idea!

What about amature football?

If you're gonna chage a rule then you gotta change it for all leagues...

Amature leagues are much harder than the Prem in terms of players as they moan more!

Saying that, U14s and 15s are probably the worst age to ref as they have that 'I know all the rules' feeling about themselves!

I had one kid who was pisssing me off on Sunday by moaning at me, moaning at other players, fouling and various other annoying things. Straigtht into the book!

2 U13 booked and 2 U14 booked too...

P.S I've got Andy Dursooos (sp!!) mobile number!

Just found it in one of my books...

They got my number too, it's quite scary!
Fri 11/10/02 at 23:15
"High polygon count"
phi11ip wrote:
> P.S I've got Andy Dursooos (sp!!) mobile number!

Good. Phone Mr. Duh-so and tell him he's not fit to referee!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.