GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo have have now lost their young gamers!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/10/02 at 15:08
Regular
But how i hear you cry! Well not through thier games but through the £45 price tag on thier games. At the moment i doubt that many of the young gamers have to many new GC titles on thier shelfs simply because it is far to much money to fork out on one game. this week i bought three Dreamcast games for under £20 pounds. Rather than getting one full price game for over double the price.
The bad thing is that it's not just nintendo that over prices the games sony and microsoft are both guilty. The reason i complain so much is that although an excellent game ie MOH frontline might provide hours of brilliant entertainment but they are not all like this. This week i bought a dreamcast game for £4 i had never heard of it or seen a review but i still bought it. It was a gamble and it's an alright game. But you imagine yourself buying a full price game and taking it home and finding it was rubbish and they wouldn't take it back at the shop!
In the first week of December this year don't buy a full price gamein fact don't buy any games. This is not my idea but another groups trying to lower the prices of games. If you want some more details than check out teletext page 481.

do it!
Sat 12/10/02 at 18:37
Regular
The thing is, you make this sound as if it is a new thing. i remember when i was 6 years old(or thereabouts) and I went to buy Mario 3 from a shop with my birthday money (and my dad). It cost £40! and this was in 1994! Games have advanced since then, and although Mario 3 was one of the best games ever made, I don't care if they cost £40. Fair enough if a game is crap then you feel ripped off, but £40 for Rogue Leader or Starfox and Legend of Zelda is practically a bargain because of replay value and excitement.
Sat 12/10/02 at 18:25
nintendo are loosing their young gamers? Wow, cause if this is the case then no-one will be there to buy gamecubes or the games as no-one over ther age of 12 should own one as they will or at least should be mocked by the owners of the superior consoles. Nintendo are gonna go bust, I hope. I haven't always hated them but the mario games are really just for 2 - 12 year olds and have no good plot or real action in them. And the graphics are to be expected....rubbish.
Sat 12/10/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
No way I'm stopping buying games that week, some great stuff is on the way.

Simple solution; if you find games too expensive don't buy them. Avoid buying bad games by asking other opinions, renting first, or reading reviews, of which there are tons in the internet alone.

Nintendo have not lost young gamers, they didn't with the N64 and they haven't now. The GBA is aimed at younger gamers and does well even though the games average at £30 a time.

And if you're paying £45 a time for new games shop elsewhere....

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 12/10/02 at 09:38
Regular
"Festivus!"
But Young gamers dn't usually buy their own games anyway! Their mums and dads do for heavens sake! Have you ever seen a 7 year old walking around a town centre by his/herself holding a game? I haven't. Even if they did, they would probably get mugged by older kids.

7 year olds could hardly muster up £20 either, unless they were rich.
Sat 12/10/02 at 07:50
Regular
"I confused?"
Mendax Bartender wrote:
> Name 1 GC game that retails for £45 listed on this site please.

yes we could all picky, but the fact that you and me and being ripped off by every games company that we buy from.
Thu 10/10/02 at 16:15
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Do they see
> anything costing under £50 as a sub-standard game?

Sub-Standard licencing fee
Thu 10/10/02 at 16:07
"High polygon count"
Jimmy Duck wrote:
> If you want some more details than check out teletext page 481.

I did, but all I got was motor racing news. So I tried Channel 4...

Interesting that Nintendo are no longer the biggest-selling games company in Japan - Konami are!

And Nintendo are sponsoring Des Lynam's 'tache.

But there's nothing about the price of games...
Thu 10/10/02 at 15:57
"High polygon count"
Jimmy Duck wrote:
> But how i hear you cry! Well not through thier games but through the
> £45 price tag on thier games.

Is that as opposed to the £60 N64 cartridges? Do they see anything costing under £50 as a sub-standard game?

:-)
Thu 10/10/02 at 15:47
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Hi JD, Haven't seen you in yonks.
Thu 10/10/02 at 15:43
"Darkness, always"
Name 1 GC game that retails for £45 listed on this site please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.