GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"internet gaming - why should they?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 20:50
Regular
in response to everyone's comments on internet gaming being a neccesity, why should they? why should nintendo be prepaired to take such a risk with internet gaming? sony already had the money from the ps1 to use to incorporate the internet ability, and microsoft are rolling in loot. nintendo came close to making a loss on the N64, so they will have to wait for internet gaming to pick up a bit before diving into it. sure, some of us would like internet gaming, but that doesn't justify us for it. as i have read in NOM, the main market for GC is 20+, who picked up the cheapest console available, to have a game with their mates. are they going to want online gaming? no. of course, nintendo could make such a venture, but to make any sort of profit, they would need to sell the internet units at far higher than the x-box and ps2 units would be selling at. i think it would be safer for nintendo's interests to stay offline for a while. and no comments about it being 'for the fans', from you damn newbies and incompetent regulars. you know who you are. go on, shoo...
Wed 09/10/02 at 20:50
"+ suspicious minds"
in response to everyone's comments on internet gaming being a neccesity, why should they? why should nintendo be prepaired to take such a risk with internet gaming? sony already had the money from the ps1 to use to incorporate the internet ability, and microsoft are rolling in loot. nintendo came close to making a loss on the N64, so they will have to wait for internet gaming to pick up a bit before diving into it. sure, some of us would like internet gaming, but that doesn't justify us for it. as i have read in NOM, the main market for GC is 20+, who picked up the cheapest console available, to have a game with their mates. are they going to want online gaming? no. of course, nintendo could make such a venture, but to make any sort of profit, they would need to sell the internet units at far higher than the x-box and ps2 units would be selling at. i think it would be safer for nintendo's interests to stay offline for a while. and no comments about it being 'for the fans', from you damn newbies and incompetent regulars. you know who you are. go on, shoo...
Wed 09/10/02 at 20:56
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
If NINTENDO knew how brilliant the Dreamcast was Online ( alltho not many people owned them :) ) i would reckon they should take the risk because , as far as im concerned, if ya wann revolunize the games industry and genrally make it a darn site better< they should make internet games , hopefully Ninty fans will follow this decision as newbie Dc fans did all those years ago.......and i was 1 of them... I have to admit tho it is risky but the Gc fanbase is growing all the time and i think it would be a bold move but a right one if they pull it off just like what MICROSOFT are doing at the mo with the whole LIVE thing.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:40
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Well, Lets see! We all here like chatting. Thats the reason why we are all here! (Most of us) The Dreamcast came out. I got it, Of crouse the internet didn't start unitll a year later. But Untill PSO came out. It changed my life.

I bought this game. PSO, Well the aim of the Game is getting to level 100. But who cares? All i did was chat. It took me a hell of a long time before i got to level 100 in the end because i was just chatting. The Internet is a Tool too chatting to more people. Its a very good tool, I Tool that is Fun, Amusing and great. Meeting people from Japan and norway even!!

The dreamcast was a internet success, Its a shame that most people didn't know this.

The Gamecube needs the Internet. It needs it too boost sales (i think it would anyway). I bet you all that if we do get the internet we'll be on it all the time and you'll all begging me sorry that you said that why do we need the internet.

P.S. All of the other Text u guys posted has made me dizzy....
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:52
"+ suspicious minds"
i didnt say nintendo Shouldn't get internet, i said it should wait till the whiole idea of internet gaming is popular enought to risk it.
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:54
Regular
Risk it? Risk what though?
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:55
Regular
What, you mean all the Money that would be put into making the internet? Well if its that. I think the Internet would be a sucess if they went ahead with it
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I don't care what Nintendo do with their internet. I won't be using it.
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:06
"+ suspicious minds"
SEE! *points inanly at gerrid*
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
What did I do? I don't like online gaming is all.
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:34
Regular
Damm u... Pushing the Pointing hand away from Gerrid

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.