GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Attention By Sega"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 19:21
Regular
So by the looks of it, Sega are planning to release some of their best classic games on the X-Box. :-)

We know whats on the way so that helps narrow down the new additions that could make it to our console. ;-)
Apparently even games as far back as the Master System could be redone for the X-Box. Heres me hoping for...

Streets Of Rage
GoldenAxe
Shinobi
Altered Beast
Sonic The Hedgehog
Nights

I think all these could be great titles to add to the X-Box list. I'd like to see what Sega can do with the likes of an Altered Beast game now which is why I added it. :-)
Wed 09/10/02 at 19:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So by the looks of it, Sega are planning to release some of their best classic games on the X-Box. :-)

We know whats on the way so that helps narrow down the new additions that could make it to our console. ;-)
Apparently even games as far back as the Master System could be redone for the X-Box. Heres me hoping for...

Streets Of Rage
GoldenAxe
Shinobi
Altered Beast
Sonic The Hedgehog
Nights

I think all these could be great titles to add to the X-Box list. I'd like to see what Sega can do with the likes of an Altered Beast game now which is why I added it. :-)
Wed 09/10/02 at 19:26
i knew this day would come!

all i need now is an x box and it'll start fitting into place.
Wed 09/10/02 at 19:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Don't forget to watch Simpsons on sunday - its the screaming catapiller episode ! ;-))

Anyway yeah - get yourself a damn X-Box boy. ;-)
Wed 09/10/02 at 20:28
LOL ah man that episode is gonna be so so funny!
Thu 10/10/02 at 19:20
Regular
All I can say is I hope so.... :-)

Shinobi is being developed at the moment exclusively for the PS2, but we may end up getting an XBOX version - maybe(?)

Hopefully there'll be more SEGA classics to follow in the footsteps of Toejam & Earl and Panzer Dragoon Orta - especially NiGHTS and a truly next-gen version of Crazy Taxi....

I'd also like to see a Sonic game made up entirely of wild super-fast speed levels, utilizing the full power of the XBOX.
Thu 10/10/02 at 19:34
Shinobi is already coming out for the ps2 :)
Thu 10/10/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Wobble"
PukkaPS2 wrote:
> Shinobi is already coming out for the ps2 :)

Cue a flood of posts declaring "yeah, but it'll be better on Xbox"...
Thu 10/10/02 at 19:58
it was a comment not a wind-up

x-box fanboys when will you ever learn
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You're making a comment to a reply which hasn't been written you silly mong. I know Shinobi is already on its way to PS2. But with Sega planning these classics for X-Box, that title could well be one of them as Shinobi is very much a Sega classic.

If Shinobi does stay as PS2 only, then its not all bad as Tecmo are bringing Ninja Gaiden out next year which looks amazing. But overall it would still be great to see Shinobi on X-Box.
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:15
Regular
Hmmm...

Depends on which Sega devellopment teams are Xbox bound.
Sonic Team, for example, (behind Sonic and NiGHTs) seem to have shown the most support for Nintendo so far, although they do seem to be starting to show in interest in the Xbox.

I personally think that the original Altered Beast was crap, but there's no reason why a remake, perhaps with a little more playability this time, couldn't be great.

Streets of Rage would be a HUGE hit.
Just putting an emulated version on the school PC's caused a giant wave of nostalgia.

If they're going so far back, I wonder if they'll pick up Alex Kidd...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.