GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Attention By Sega"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 19:21
Regular
So by the looks of it, Sega are planning to release some of their best classic games on the X-Box. :-)

We know whats on the way so that helps narrow down the new additions that could make it to our console. ;-)
Apparently even games as far back as the Master System could be redone for the X-Box. Heres me hoping for...

Streets Of Rage
GoldenAxe
Shinobi
Altered Beast
Sonic The Hedgehog
Nights

I think all these could be great titles to add to the X-Box list. I'd like to see what Sega can do with the likes of an Altered Beast game now which is why I added it. :-)
Thu 17/10/02 at 20:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yup - Shinobi is on its way to PS2 as well, but now apparently Sega have announced that its on its way to X-Box too on top of the games they are already releasing along with Daytona 3. Excellent stuff. :-)

Can't wait to hear what else Sega have coming to the X-Box. :-)
Thu 17/10/02 at 17:55
Regular
Isn't SHINOBI getting released for ps2?Anyway has anyone heard anything about DAYTONA USA on X-BOX?
Wed 16/10/02 at 20:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Looks like Sega are now bringing Daytona 3 to X-Box. :-) My list just gets bigger and bigger ! ;-)) Apparently it will have online play too. Not surprising as Daytona is a title that screams for online play. :-)
Mon 14/10/02 at 18:03
Regular
Shinobi? *Nostalgia kicks in* WOW! I have the game for the Master System located somewhere in my room...
Mon 14/10/02 at 11:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
For all those interested - it looks like Sega have announced Shinobi for X-Box. ;-)

Oooooooo, Ninja Gaiden and Shinobi - aren't we spoilt for choice. :-) Personally, I'll be grabbing both. ;-))
Fri 11/10/02 at 17:19
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Dragon Ninja owned Shinobi.
Thu 10/10/02 at 23:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Would be nice if it allows upto 4 players at once on it too. :-) Or at least 2 like before. ;-)
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:58
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Personally i would prefer a new update of streets of rage on xbox, now that would be good!
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I was going to mention Alex Kidd myself. ;-) Apparently the Game Gear is even added with its games. Trying to remember some titles the handheld had over the main consoles.

As for Altered Beast, its the thought of what could come from a remake that has made me add the title. :-)
It wasn't a bad game to me, but it wasn't great either. But the general idea of the title could make for an amazing new 3D world and a very playable game. With the X-Box's power, its also a pretty tasty thought of what the process of morphing from man to beast could look like too. :-)

Streets Of Rage is basically a god among Sega titles. If theres any Sega title I'm praying for, its that. :-)
Thu 10/10/02 at 22:15
Regular
Hmmm...

Depends on which Sega devellopment teams are Xbox bound.
Sonic Team, for example, (behind Sonic and NiGHTs) seem to have shown the most support for Nintendo so far, although they do seem to be starting to show in interest in the Xbox.

I personally think that the original Altered Beast was crap, but there's no reason why a remake, perhaps with a little more playability this time, couldn't be great.

Streets of Rage would be a HUGE hit.
Just putting an emulated version on the school PC's caused a giant wave of nostalgia.

If they're going so far back, I wonder if they'll pick up Alex Kidd...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.