GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness Preview"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 17:19
Regular
If I told you that one game has created a whole new Genre in the Gaming industry, would you believe me? Before you answer you really should say YES, because it has.
Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem is the new offering onto the Gamecube’s so called “adult” list. Which up until now only has one game on it. It is a psychological thriller, a game that gets into your head, one that corrupts your every thought and twists you into plots that you will never dream of. But why is there such hype about this game?

Well, let me tell you this. This game has been in development for a very long time. As it was originally meant for the N64 it had a good couple of years of development on it already, but when Silicon Knights had the chance to transfer this great game on a far superior console another 2 years went into it.

So we have a game that has had 4 years of development, a game that shall utilise and maximise the graphical power of the Gamecube. Using all of its available resources this game will push your Gamecube to new heights giving off great sound and great gameplay.

As you sit down to play this game, you will be grabbed and pulled into the greatness of the storyline. You will be so entangled in the plot and mesmerising visuals you will not even be able to see the off button let alone turning it off. You will be held in suspense, in the horror as you try to get your head round the “insanity” effects.

Another Resident Evil? Definitely not. Eternal Darkness is the world’s first game to get inside your head. Most likely one of the best Gamecube titles this year and indeed one of my favourites.

The bits and bobs

· A gripping story line that will take across 2000 years of real history
· An exclusive insanity meter brings a whole new meaning of fear and caution to the game
· An advanced yet dramatic camera system
· 12 playable historically correct characters
· A new advanced targeting system which allows you to target individual parts of the body
· A great magick learning system
· Loads of true to life weapons and items
· A fast combo system for quick decisive action
· A massive 3D engine that runs at 640x480 and 60 frames per second
· Facial animations show your characters mood
· Moody sound affects adding to the fear of the game
· Over 50 hours of gameplay

This game is not for the quick you cannot rush into things. If you take it slowly then you will see a huge and epic adventure unfold before your eyes which will scare you, make you jump, freak you out and most of all send you insane.

The story is based around Alexandra Roivas, a young beautiful woman, dramatically affected by the discovery of the ripped and torn body of her late Grandfather. The body, whose head is missing, had been discovered in the old and gloomy mansion that her Grandfather had owned. As she trundles around looking for clues to help solve this gruesome and horrific murder she finds pieces of text, which explain and tell stories throughout history. You will play these horrid and unnerving tales and she reads them.

Set to be one of the best titles out this year, we can only wait to soil our underwear and enjoy 60 hours of lush but horrifying gameplay.
Wed 09/10/02 at 17:19
Regular
"^_^"
If I told you that one game has created a whole new Genre in the Gaming industry, would you believe me? Before you answer you really should say YES, because it has.
Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem is the new offering onto the Gamecube’s so called “adult” list. Which up until now only has one game on it. It is a psychological thriller, a game that gets into your head, one that corrupts your every thought and twists you into plots that you will never dream of. But why is there such hype about this game?

Well, let me tell you this. This game has been in development for a very long time. As it was originally meant for the N64 it had a good couple of years of development on it already, but when Silicon Knights had the chance to transfer this great game on a far superior console another 2 years went into it.

So we have a game that has had 4 years of development, a game that shall utilise and maximise the graphical power of the Gamecube. Using all of its available resources this game will push your Gamecube to new heights giving off great sound and great gameplay.

As you sit down to play this game, you will be grabbed and pulled into the greatness of the storyline. You will be so entangled in the plot and mesmerising visuals you will not even be able to see the off button let alone turning it off. You will be held in suspense, in the horror as you try to get your head round the “insanity” effects.

Another Resident Evil? Definitely not. Eternal Darkness is the world’s first game to get inside your head. Most likely one of the best Gamecube titles this year and indeed one of my favourites.

The bits and bobs

· A gripping story line that will take across 2000 years of real history
· An exclusive insanity meter brings a whole new meaning of fear and caution to the game
· An advanced yet dramatic camera system
· 12 playable historically correct characters
· A new advanced targeting system which allows you to target individual parts of the body
· A great magick learning system
· Loads of true to life weapons and items
· A fast combo system for quick decisive action
· A massive 3D engine that runs at 640x480 and 60 frames per second
· Facial animations show your characters mood
· Moody sound affects adding to the fear of the game
· Over 50 hours of gameplay

This game is not for the quick you cannot rush into things. If you take it slowly then you will see a huge and epic adventure unfold before your eyes which will scare you, make you jump, freak you out and most of all send you insane.

The story is based around Alexandra Roivas, a young beautiful woman, dramatically affected by the discovery of the ripped and torn body of her late Grandfather. The body, whose head is missing, had been discovered in the old and gloomy mansion that her Grandfather had owned. As she trundles around looking for clues to help solve this gruesome and horrific murder she finds pieces of text, which explain and tell stories throughout history. You will play these horrid and unnerving tales and she reads them.

Set to be one of the best titles out this year, we can only wait to soil our underwear and enjoy 60 hours of lush but horrifying gameplay.
Wed 09/10/02 at 17:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have followed this game for YEARS! Ever since it was first announced for the N64. I want it!

NOW!

;)
Wed 09/10/02 at 17:36
Regular
I want this bad too.

I heard it was 70+ hours at least, and there were three different routes through it..
Wed 09/10/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Unretired"
Import it, its already out in the USA.
Been out since august hasnt it?

I think I can wait til' the pal release now I have mario though.
Wed 09/10/02 at 18:22
Not sure about this one. Looks ok, but slightly story based and not enough action or events. I think I will stick with Mario and Starfox for my adventure games this year at least. (:)
Wed 09/10/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Whatever!"
This is another game Im really looking forward to!
Wed 09/10/02 at 20:38
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
SILENT HILL also Fu**s ya head up alltho i havent played Eternal Darkness i would have to say that Silent Hill is " actually" preety twisted and i would asy the best phycological horror available. It makes you feel like your there.......in the fog........with only a light too guide you.....screaming kicks in.........you hear something approaching from behind you............ " Whos there?........no answer...........something start breathing as if its right behind you this time ...........you turn back around.......nothing........." Whos there!!" no answer agin. you bow your head close your eyes and slowly turn around... "AGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 10/10/02 at 20:51
Regular
Eternal Darkness looks a bit dodgy really, but I suppose it's not all about graphics. Anyone know when it's out?
Fri 11/10/02 at 00:25
Yeah, I picked up a preview dvd from GAME when I pre-ordered it on Friday when I got Mario.(£2 for dvd)
Fri 11/10/02 at 00:36
Regular
It's out November 1st, I can't wait it looks sweet. It got a better score on IGN than Mario Sunshine did and I tend to trust IGNs opinions.
If Eternal Darkness is anywhere near as good as Resi Evil then it'll be sweet.

Got Resi today and started playing it tonight, so far so good,, the original PS1 game bored the hell out of me but I'm loving this for some reason. First time a game's got me so nervous that I walked up some stairs walked into a room, couldn't see what else was in the room cause of the camera angle, heard a Zombie moaning, turned round and ran back down the stairs and decided to go the other way. I'm such a girl.

The counter weapon things are hella sweet too, stabbing the Zombies in the head looks cool. Great game and this is coming from someone who has never been a fan of the Resi series.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.