GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new GBA"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/10/02 at 16:06
Regular
I hear it's gonna have A, B, X, Y, L and R buttons, a backlit screen, be easier to hold and have a rechargable battery pack built in. How sweet will this be if it's true?!?
Wed 09/10/02 at 16:06
I hear it's gonna have A, B, X, Y, L and R buttons, a backlit screen, be easier to hold and have a rechargable battery pack built in. How sweet will this be if it's true?!?
Wed 09/10/02 at 16:09
Regular
Hmm...I'd get one because I was gonna get one with a backlight, but I'd rather have an offical one.

But if they put two more buttons on, won't people with the old version not be able to play games that use the extra two buttons?

Looks like they're trying to make a portable SNES, which can't be a bad thing!
Wed 09/10/02 at 16:11
Regular
"^_^"
I will be trading in my old one for a new one.
Wed 09/10/02 at 17:24
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Hmm...I'd get one because I was gonna get one with a backlight, but
> I'd rather have an offical one.
>
> But if they put two more buttons on, won't people with the old version
> not be able to play games that use the extra two buttons?
>
> Looks like they're trying to make a portable SNES, which can't be a
> bad thing!

this is an official GBA , just because it's has a rehaul doesn't mean it isn't official.
Wed 09/10/02 at 17:25
Regular
I wont be getting it..i find many of the games which arnt remakes of snes games are rubbish and are boring. Ill stay with my GC and GBA for now.

Plus the fact is you buy the new GBA and then in about 2 years a new one is out, why?
Wed 09/10/02 at 21:36
Regular
The new design is gonna be in the new EDGE
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:05
Regular
I doubt Nintendo will bring out a new one so soon, what about the GC link up with the GBA? It'll probably be a new colour, or backlit screen.

Nothing huge.
Thu 10/10/02 at 21:20
Regular
I think there will be a noticeable difference though for some GBA owners to buy the new one, but I don't think it'll have X, Y etc. buttons as mentioned in the first post.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.