GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Time Has Come, At Last !!!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/11/00 at 21:01
Regular
Well............it has really happened.........as of tomorrow morning...........i will be joining the ranks.

At 9.00am tomorrow morning, i will be the proud owner of my very own............PS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes peeps. Got the fated call this evening. My PS2 is at the store waiting for me to collect tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!

I will not sleep a wink tonight. So don't expect to see me on the forum over the weekend, i have a lot of gaming to catch up on.

See you all at the beginning of the week! 8-)))))))))
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:23
"High polygon count"
> Educated people on here arent there (well most of us anyway).

Well, yes - some of us... :-)

I changed my name 3 times trying to get it to appear with capitals - i.e. Wookiee Monster. I don't think I can be bothered again, and SR might get miffed if I create *another* account!

Anyway, BabaWookie would make me sound like a baby. Hee hee - maybe I should, and then go on the Sega/Nintendo forums and give them some shi... err, hassle... for a change.

> Anyway, glad you werent offended.

Nah, I'm not easily offended. Quite the opposite!
Thu 30/11/00 at 21:05
Try getting in touch with the retailer. I still haven't got me last letter, but i arranged to pick it up despite this. If you have no joy, phone SCEE customer services, (not the run-of-the-mill helpline numbers, get the number from directory enq.) and arrange it through them.

80,000 released on launch day, that leaves 85,000 to come. All the pre-ordered PS2's are in the country, and quite a few are sat in the retailers warehouses. Where is the logic in that?

According to SCEE, the next batch will be out next week, though the retailer where i got mine only had 3 in today out of an expected 9. Says it all really doesn't it.
Thu 30/11/00 at 18:11
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Am i the only one who has yet to get his PS2? Well, it seems like that and i am geeting worried that i will not get it in time for x-mas 9even though sony wrote to me saying I will) When do you think I will get my letter which tells me when I will be able to walk into the shop and pick it up?? Or do they phone you, if so when??
Thu 30/11/00 at 16:56
You picked up on the reference. Educated people on here arent there (well most of us anyway).

Go on change your name to BabaWookie its sounds right somehow!!!

Anyway, glad you werent offended.
Thu 30/11/00 at 14:57
"High polygon count"
> Anyway, I second BabaWookie's (whoops sorry) sentiments.

Hmm... BabaWookiee. Sounds like Jabberwocky...

I like it though! But I think creating another account might be taking it a bit too far...
Thu 30/11/00 at 14:37
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
creep back at 3 in the morning and torch the place
Thu 30/11/00 at 14:33
Kieran,

I hope you will be taking this matter up with Woolworth's head office. You should, it is often worth complaining and the British do not do it enough.

I complained recently when my TV was delivered a week late and received £50 worth of vouchers from Comet. So it was worth the effort. Complaining in writing usually works best as does threatening them with Watchdog!!

Anyway, I second BabaWookie's (whoops sorry) sentiments. You should have belted the old crone. Or at the very least insisted to the manager that she gets the boot.

Did you get all your freebies??
Thu 30/11/00 at 14:15
"High polygon count"
Kieran,

(I imagine you won't be reading this for a while, but what the hell!)

You're too polite - I'd have smacked the dozy moo if she'd done that to me.

Maybe someone should explain the pre-order system to her. What was she planning to do - give your console to her grandson?!

I doubt she'll work there much longer!
Thu 30/11/00 at 14:02
What a morning. The dozy cow in Woolies wouldn't let me have my PS2 without a confirmation letter. She was agrieved because her grandson had not had his yet, and she couldn't see why i should have mine! She even argued with the manager when i called him! Anyhow, after me threatening to smash the shop, she then proceded to put MY console back behind the counter. At this point the manager got slightly miffed, and took the machine and handed it to me. I got a lot of apologies, and was allowed to leave the store. (after paying for the console, of course)

So here it is, and i still have not opened it, so i am off!

Bye.
Thu 30/11/00 at 11:19
Well Kieran welcome to the ranks!!!

I hope that your machine is bringing you joy and contentment.

I love my PS2 I just wish I wasnt so busy at the moment then I might get to play it more often.

I havent managed a game since Sunday (oh, thats like blasphemy!!!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.