GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Encouraging Students into friendly rivalry!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/11/00 at 20:55
Regular
In my school there is a LAN that covers the whole school. You can access the network from almost any room in the school. Everyone also has an e-mail address and access to the internet, one of the first school in Scotland to have it. I think that my school and other schools accross the country should encourage LAN gaming with other students. Although of no real educational value it would give peope a break from school and for 55mins there would be a break. It would also teach people how to host LAN games. I think that the school could host lots of different games. This would in turn ge nerate a whole new gaming concept, maybee new games and a new bread of gamers.

**Post some ideas of games which could be played if you have any**
Wed 29/11/00 at 20:55
In my school there is a LAN that covers the whole school. You can access the network from almost any room in the school. Everyone also has an e-mail address and access to the internet, one of the first school in Scotland to have it. I think that my school and other schools accross the country should encourage LAN gaming with other students. Although of no real educational value it would give peope a break from school and for 55mins there would be a break. It would also teach people how to host LAN games. I think that the school could host lots of different games. This would in turn ge nerate a whole new gaming concept, maybee new games and a new bread of gamers.

**Post some ideas of games which could be played if you have any**
Wed 29/11/00 at 20:56
Regular
Your wildfire1968!
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:02
Regular
I wish... It would be great to play games across them. Unreal Tournament springs to mind, or Half-Life Team Fortress...

However, we aren't allowed to install anything on our computers. Appartently. : )

So if we're caught playing Unreal Tournament on a school PC agaisnt someone in Scotland, we *might* just be kicked off the computer.

However, the computers at our school could just about run Warcraft 2...
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:08
we have loads of brand new pc's with about 400MHz

Cool!!

but we aren't allowed to play games on them but at the end of the year (christmas and summer) we get to play lemings!!!
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:10
Why did you say i'm wildfire1968. Iknow and I'm really annoyed about it. Ithink that Ali or some one should sort this mess out. Some people have numbers after their name and others don't. This is unfair.
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
YES! they are good but we never get to use them proberly, we play a crap lemmings demo and use them to look at a crap web page in P.S.E

PLUS THEY DON'T LET YOU DRINK IN A RADIUS OF 100m of them!
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:13
Regular
I bet you're trembling in anticipation over that... : )
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:14
I know. if u go anywhere near them with a drink or food you may as well hand yourself. I know a guy who eats youghurt off of C.D's and his keyboard and it still works ok
Wed 29/11/00 at 21:24
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
My college has this aswell and although you have to phone someone with your mobile if your in a different block for a game, it still works! very slow though, unless you use the PCs in your teachers offices, they always get the better things!
Thu 30/11/00 at 19:37
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
We've just got a massive new system at school here... but alas- it's impossibe to play games on them :-(
Over 100 computers on a really fast server, and no games :-(
Mind you, we can occasionally go onto a games web site and play online chess! Great!

Rav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.