GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"lovely extreme violence"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
I have no pride, I think games with extra graphic violence are brilliant. the fact that I can't do it in real life adds an additional thrill.

So whats are your favourite morally bankrupt games.

My top 5 in no particular order :

1) GTA3
2) Carmageddon 2
3) Kingpin
4) Soldier of Fortune (1)
5) Unreal Tournament
Fri 11/10/02 at 11:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yeah I used to like the carmegeddon games, and I did find the mindless violence pretty fun. But when the initial 'thrill' of running people over for more money wore off, which it did pretty damn fast, it got extremely boring.

I'm just glad that I've grown up from likeing games for their over excessive violence and actually buy them for their game-play. I think that's something Carmegeddon really lacks, game-play.
Fri 11/10/02 at 00:55
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Violent games rule.

And I'm not saying cos I'm a sadist.

Carmageddon 2 was simply brilliant. If offered everything a young man could ask for: fast cars and decapitations. And the replay function was the icing on the cake!

Then you have Unreal Tournament. Playing this with your mates on a LAN is the dog's. Especially when they respawn in front of you and you have the Flak cannon ready ;)

As for GTA3, I wouldn't believe anyone if they told me they hadn't holed up in a building and seen how many police/civilians/FBI/army people they could kill before they got wasted!
Wed 09/10/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I'm like Cipro, don't buy a game for the violence, but for the gameplay, graphics ect...
Wed 09/10/02 at 12:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You know I do enjoy overly violent games like carmegeddon, Soldier of Fortune and GTA3, but usually I play the games for something other than getting the ability to kill people in a wide variaty of fashions.

I never really buy a game purley for violence, I use to that in the past when I wasn't as serious a gamer as I am now, but even then I felt the initial thrill of causing huge amounts of death and destruction just got too boring.
Wed 09/10/02 at 11:26
"Darkness, always"
Did you know that there is a voodoo ritual for enforcing death upon your enemies. I know it well, and can atest to the fact that it does in fact work.

Threads like this almost tempt me to use it.
Tue 08/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
I have no pride, I think games with extra graphic violence are brilliant. the fact that I can't do it in real life adds an additional thrill.

So whats are your favourite morally bankrupt games.

My top 5 in no particular order :

1) GTA3
2) Carmageddon 2
3) Kingpin
4) Soldier of Fortune (1)
5) Unreal Tournament

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.