GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Peter Reid has been sacked!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/10/02 at 19:47
Regular
First managerial casualty this season and a very unsuprising one. The fans are unhappy, the team ar playing pretty poorly and they have been reduced to giving free tickets to school children to encourage them to pop along to the Stadium of darkness. I still think they should have kept him, he did nowt wrong, put up with tonnes of abuse and all because he has a crap team that in all fairness belongs in division 1. George Graham is on holiday at the moment but is reported to have said that he will consider any team whose ambitions match his own.
Tue 08/10/02 at 14:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I never saw this one coming anytime soon!
I couldn't see him lasting the entire season though, I thought the board would give him a lot more time to prove he can turn things around after dragging the club up to the top with nothing.

Bad descision in my opinion.
We know they're not doing as-well as expected, but you have to consider certain things...
First of all, Kevin Phillips is still injured, the one player who CAN and HAS always scored goals from them is missing, aiding their lack of goals.
Reidy may have signed Flo and Stewart, but even they still need a little more time to settle in to their new club. If Reid was given more time with them to help them settle-in with Phillips and co. then i'm sure something good could happen. All I can see happening now is that a new manager will arrive (quite possibly O'Leary) at the right-time for the new boys to 'click', as he takes all the credit for it.

Peter Reid has already shown that he can focus and turn things the Black Cats' way. He took a week off to prepare for one game a week-or-two ago, and the 3 points were in Sunderland's hands at the end of the 90 minutes.

7 years and 7 months...
It may not be 666, but with the Black Cats as their nickname, you have to wonder...
Tue 08/10/02 at 08:47
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I have heard on the news this morning David O'Leary will be the next Sunderland manager.
Tue 08/10/02 at 01:21
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
lol everton are goin to division 2 cos division 1 is too good for them
Tue 08/10/02 at 01:20
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
well sunderland are crap anyway so who cares! not me
Mon 07/10/02 at 22:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Whenever I saw Sunderland play this season, they showed no desire and that can't be blamed on Peter Reid.
Mon 07/10/02 at 20:56
"High polygon count"
A shame that fans have such short memories. If not for Reid, they wouldn't be playing top-flight football every week.

The manager's tactics don't change that much - most of it seems to be down to the players not performing. As he said after yesterday's game against Arsenal, he must have been "speaking Swahili in the dressing room".
Mon 07/10/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Foreman wrote:
> So it appears that Peter Reid has resigned form the club after too
> much pressure. I think that Sunderland should have David O'Leary as
> manager, as he will bring in good young talent for the club.

Pretty sure that he was just sacked, he did not deserve it and i'm sure that whoever steps into his boots will not be able to do a better job than he did. In their naiveness. The Sunderland fans seem to forget that he was the one that took them up to the Premiership after a brilliant season in the first place.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:58
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Disgusting.

He'd done what the fans wanted (brought in two quality players) and he's got a couple of good results.

I hope he gets a new job in the near future.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Baros!!!"
On BBC teletext:-

Sunderland manager Peter Reid has confirmed to the BBC that he has left the Premiership club.

The Black Cats are struggling near the foot of the Premiership with only two wins this season and were heavily beaten 3-1 at Aresenal at the weekend.

Reid, who was in charge at Sunderland for seven years, guided them to promotion three seasons ago.

George Graham and David O'Leary have emerged as possible candidates to replace Reid at the Stadium of Light.

--------------------------------------

So it appears that Peter Reid has resigned form the club after too much pressure. I think that Sunderland should have David O'Leary as manager, as he will bring in good young talent for the club.

Who will be next to go? Graham Taylor?
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:47
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
First managerial casualty this season and a very unsuprising one. The fans are unhappy, the team ar playing pretty poorly and they have been reduced to giving free tickets to school children to encourage them to pop along to the Stadium of darkness. I still think they should have kept him, he did nowt wrong, put up with tonnes of abuse and all because he has a crap team that in all fairness belongs in division 1. George Graham is on holiday at the moment but is reported to have said that he will consider any team whose ambitions match his own.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.