GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft Buy Nintendo Forum!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/10/02 at 19:39
Regular
Today Microsoft announced their interest in purchasing the Special Reserve Network’s Nintendo forum. The move came about after Bill Gates was searching the internet, looking for sites honouring his X-box. To his dismay, however, when arriving at Special Reserve he found the X-box forum lingering around the bottom, with the three or four regulars unable to post in sufficiently high quantities to make the forum recognised. Obviously Microsoft couldn’t let this go unfixed.

“We’ve realised that the best way to sell a product is through talking, when we designed the X-box we had talking in mind, not gaming. And if people aren’t talking about the X-box, no one else will ever realise that it makes such a good talking point. It’s conversation potential is enormous.”

“We were looking to introduce new people to the X-box forum, and we found them right under our nose.” Indeed, Microsoft’s undercover research agent ‘Rickoss’ recently submitted his report, claiming he had found the perfect people.
“The Nintendo forum regulars are always making conversation, they’re passionate about games, and have plenty of good ideas, as well as a sense of humour. The Nintendo forum sits proudly in either 1st or 2nd place in the listings, and using plenty of cash we can achieve the same.”

Here are some of the opinions on the purchase, from the current X-box forum regulars.
Savatt78 – “I think it’s a good move by Microsoft.”
Mantis – “I think it’s a good move by Microsoft.”
Daveus – “Tfos….*turns card round* I think it’s a good move by Microsoft.”
Lots of support from the few regulars there then, although I did stop for 5 minutes before I left to help Savatt pick up some wads of money that appeared to have overflowed from his pocket.

Naturally I had to check the Nintendo forum’s regulars, to see what they thought of the possible deal.
Microchips – “God no!”
Strafex – “With that amount of money I can talk about everything….no.”
Starlight – “Aarrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh.”
Cookie Monster – “Nooooo. I shall banish them! The magic spell is ‘Ei-Ei-Poo’!”

Tiltawhirl’s comments will not be posted until after the watershed.

So will Microsoft buy out the Nintendo forum? We can only wait for Special Reserve’s response, I predict the words ‘off’ and ‘sod’ will be present in their reply.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:39
Regular
Today Microsoft announced their interest in purchasing the Special Reserve Network’s Nintendo forum. The move came about after Bill Gates was searching the internet, looking for sites honouring his X-box. To his dismay, however, when arriving at Special Reserve he found the X-box forum lingering around the bottom, with the three or four regulars unable to post in sufficiently high quantities to make the forum recognised. Obviously Microsoft couldn’t let this go unfixed.

“We’ve realised that the best way to sell a product is through talking, when we designed the X-box we had talking in mind, not gaming. And if people aren’t talking about the X-box, no one else will ever realise that it makes such a good talking point. It’s conversation potential is enormous.”

“We were looking to introduce new people to the X-box forum, and we found them right under our nose.” Indeed, Microsoft’s undercover research agent ‘Rickoss’ recently submitted his report, claiming he had found the perfect people.
“The Nintendo forum regulars are always making conversation, they’re passionate about games, and have plenty of good ideas, as well as a sense of humour. The Nintendo forum sits proudly in either 1st or 2nd place in the listings, and using plenty of cash we can achieve the same.”

Here are some of the opinions on the purchase, from the current X-box forum regulars.
Savatt78 – “I think it’s a good move by Microsoft.”
Mantis – “I think it’s a good move by Microsoft.”
Daveus – “Tfos….*turns card round* I think it’s a good move by Microsoft.”
Lots of support from the few regulars there then, although I did stop for 5 minutes before I left to help Savatt pick up some wads of money that appeared to have overflowed from his pocket.

Naturally I had to check the Nintendo forum’s regulars, to see what they thought of the possible deal.
Microchips – “God no!”
Strafex – “With that amount of money I can talk about everything….no.”
Starlight – “Aarrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh.”
Cookie Monster – “Nooooo. I shall banish them! The magic spell is ‘Ei-Ei-Poo’!”

Tiltawhirl’s comments will not be posted until after the watershed.

So will Microsoft buy out the Nintendo forum? We can only wait for Special Reserve’s response, I predict the words ‘off’ and ‘sod’ will be present in their reply.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:46
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Nice post there Whitestripes.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:48
"+ suspicious minds"
what about gerrid and 'frojoe? they can (apparently) talk crap for england?

damn microsoft, comin' wid a'll deyre moolah and buyin' everything. b*stards
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:51
Regular
finnaly we might get some good posts in here :) :I :(

*runs*
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:54
Regular
Boz wrote:
> finnaly we might get some good posts in here :) :I :(
>
> *runs*

errr...thats a compliment right?

Mon 07/10/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh, Whitestripes actually asked me on MSN. :D That's exactly what I wrote too!

:D

Excellent post there Whitestripes. A good read, indeed! (My Rhyming get's worse!)

Mon 07/10/02 at 20:01
Regular
Thanks Mr Chips, praise from a spoof king eh?

>(My Rhyming gets worse!)

So does your grammer :)
Mon 07/10/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Thanks Mr Chips, praise from a spoof king eh?
-------

Me, spoof King? Hardly! :)
---------

---------------
> >(My Rhyming gets worse!)

> So does your grammer :)
----------------------

And your spelling! Grammar, not grammer.

Gawsh we're picky!

Mon 07/10/02 at 20:25
Regular
Microchips wrote:

>
> Gawsh we're picky!
>
> :D

Well now your just making up words...

Mon 07/10/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
Bill Gates evil
Can't bear!
**** Microsoft
So there!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.