GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Drugs - The future????"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/10/02 at 13:24
Regular
I wonder what would happen if the government legalise all drugs? Whether there will be any change in demand and supply for drugs? If they did all become legal, will people think it is "not cool" or whatever and think it is not that much a big deal so stop taking it? Or if they will think "lets go on a massive bindge because it is legal and we can do it"??

Thoughts???
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:24
Regular
"Evenstar"
I wonder what would happen if the government legalise all drugs? Whether there will be any change in demand and supply for drugs? If they did all become legal, will people think it is "not cool" or whatever and think it is not that much a big deal so stop taking it? Or if they will think "lets go on a massive bindge because it is legal and we can do it"??

Thoughts???
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:34
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Legalising drugs would not change anything. If the government were to legalise it, they would spend a fortune on the paperwork, and even more on controlling the supply, distribution and so on. Then, to compensate, they woul dtaz it massively, with a bit on top to make a few quid like they have with cigs.

Joe public aint gonna pay £25 for an 8th when they can get it from their mate for 15, are they? There would be a few who buy legally for the reason of not doing it before because it was illegal, but anyone who allready does it i doubt would change their ways.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:41
Regular
"Evenstar"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Legalising drugs would not change anything. If the government were to
> legalise it, they would spend a fortune on the paperwork, and even
> more on controlling the supply, distribution and so on. Then, to
> compensate, they woul dtaz it massively, with a bit on top to make a
> few quid like they have with cigs.
>
> Joe public aint gonna pay £25 for an 8th when they can get it
> from their mate for 15, are they? There would be a few who buy legally
> for the reason of not doing it before because it was illegal, but
> anyone who allready does it i doubt would change their ways.

i wasn't really talking about the money implications or buying it legally.... just if people would stop using it or use it more.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:43
"Darkness, always"
I hate this whole decriminalisation trend.

Let's legalise drugs!
Let's legalise prostitution!
Let's legalise guns!

What next?

Legalise grevious bodilly harm? Why not? Sometimes some people REALLY do deserve a smack in the teeth.

Decriminalise speeding in a car. Why not? Sometimes you just HAVE to get somewhere fast, if you hit a kid, the kid probably wasn't looking both ways ANYWAY.

Legalise computer hacking. I mean come on! If a company can't keep you out, they deserve to have their bank accounts leeched.

Legalise destruction of private property. Why not? Teens have to let out their angst on something, if they just bottle it up, they could start cutting their wrists or something.

Stupidity. These laws are in place so that the average person doesn't have to worry about the consequences of people abusing the freedom they would otherwise have.

The only good human being is a caged one.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Evenstar"
Ingenium Bartender wrote:
Blah

You didn't really give me your thoughts on the subject of this post though darling.......
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:48
"Darkness, always"
Legalise drugs.

More drugs in schools
More drugs in the workplace
More drugs in social areas.
More drug related crime
Larger drugs black market

all bad. I'm sure most drugs are effectively harmless, but some of the people who will use and sell them are not, and it is because of these people that drugs should remain outside of society.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:52
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Ok.

Well, i don't recon numbers would fall. people use drugs because they want to, or want to look cool to their mates. if it was legal, it woul dstill be the same. many people treat drugs in the same way as alcohol, and that's legal.

nimbers might go up as GPs would be able to prescribe dope as a painkiller more freely, and the oppportunity for people to try it without the fear that they are breaking the law would add to it too, but because they would almost definately tax it to high hell, it wouldn't make up many more numbers.

The first steps are allready happening. Possession for personal use is now decriminalised on dope, and I havent noticed any difference in any of the people i know who do it.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:53
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I'm sure most drugs are effectively harmless, but some of the
> people who will use and sell them are not, and it is because of these
> people that drugs should remain outside of society.

What about booze?
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:53
Regular
> The only good human being is a caged one.

That's a pessimistic and cynical outlook.... and probably totally true. Morality is just another word for supression.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dont take drugs, because you're too stupid and will shoot the horse into your head.

Give them to me, I am a responsible adult that is aware of the dangers and really, really doesn't care.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.