GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vegetables"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/10/02 at 13:12
Regular
Not Nintys, but those plant things that grow in/on the ground.

Just how badly does the body need them, exactly?

I ask as I'm in self catered accomodation this year, so I have to cook my own food. As I am both lazy and lacking in cooking skills, I haven't eaten any vegetables in about a week. The way things are going, this may well continue for the next ten weeks. Maybe that makes me an 'invegatarian' or something.

So is there anyone here who knows much about food/nutrition? What other stuff can I eat to get the needed vitamins and minerals?
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:12
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Not Nintys, but those plant things that grow in/on the ground.

Just how badly does the body need them, exactly?

I ask as I'm in self catered accomodation this year, so I have to cook my own food. As I am both lazy and lacking in cooking skills, I haven't eaten any vegetables in about a week. The way things are going, this may well continue for the next ten weeks. Maybe that makes me an 'invegatarian' or something.

So is there anyone here who knows much about food/nutrition? What other stuff can I eat to get the needed vitamins and minerals?
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:39
Regular
It's recommended that you take five portions of fruit or veg a day. This can come in the form of the food, obviously, but can also come through other sources.

Like soup.

1/2 a can of Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup [400g tin] will provide 2 portions of the five you should eat per day.

How do I know this?

I just made some in the microwave. It was too hot so I had to take the bowl out with my boxer shorts.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Veg is a lot cheaper than eating meat and ready meals too. Worth bearing in mind...
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:46
Regular
Yeah, but you need knives with real food.

I'm not very good with knives. Give me a rifle any day though, I'll blow that beansprout away!

BAM!

*dives over bed, peeks eyes over it*
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:52
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Slaveunit wrote:
> Veg is a lot cheaper than eating meat and ready meals too. Worth
> bearing in mind...

Granted, but not as cheap as pasta and bread (With Tesco value ham slices for variety). Pizza bases are also good value, as are baked beans and tinned soup, which I guess is where I'll get my veg intake from.
Mon 07/10/02 at 14:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Carrots are easy to open and no wrapper to leave on the floor.
Ok, they taste of orange and could quite possibly turn you gay - but it's healthy.

Or, eat apple flavour sweeties.
Mon 07/10/02 at 14:32
Regular
When i aint been eating propely for a while, I just gulp down a few A-Z vitamin tablets. You can buy ones which you just swallow down with water, or there are some (more expensive ones) which you drop into a cup of water and they make it turn funky orange.

I dont recommend eating them everyday though, alot of the vitamins included are at the 100% RDA (recommended daily allowence) level...So they can poisen you. Also, i'm not sure if the body takes to well to being subjected to vitamins in a artifical way like this.
Mon 07/10/02 at 15:40
Regular
If you don't have the necessary vitamins and minerals you can get constipated. I know because when my parents went on holiday for two weeks a few years ago, I stayed at home and din't eat any fruit or veg for a fortnight.

I finally managed to do a poo after about 3 weeks and it felt like I'd been raped by an elephant. Couldn't still down comfortably for a couple of days.

As for the whole mineral tablet thing, try some stuff called Berocca. It's about 6 quid for 20 tablets. Dissolve one in a glass of water each day, it's got pretty much all the vitams and minerals you need.

Don't worry about over-dosing. IF you body has too many vitamins/minerals, you just crap them straight out.

Also, Berocca is good to take first thing sunday morning if you're a bit hungover. It works a treat.
Mon 07/10/02 at 15:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Your Honour wrote:
> I finally managed to do a poo after about 3 weeks and it felt like I'd
> been raped by an elephant. Couldn't still down comfortably for a
> couple of days.
---

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mon 07/10/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Chips = Potatoes = Vegetable

Err carrots

Potatoes

carrots

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.