GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is agent 47 snakes big compitition?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/10/02 at 20:57
Regular
Well, after playing little snippits of the first installment on the PC, I was begging for a go on the new console version. But since I don't have the cash for a purchase right now, I rented it. And how happy was I.

This bald, bar coded, 'genome' type charactr was leading me through Italy, Russia and Germany, I think. The great thing though is that the story isn't just driven for the thought of money, it's a personal vendetta for Agent 47. Don't worry, i wont give anything away...

At the beginning your only true friend Fr. Guack-a-moli(sum italian name) is kidnapped from your home grounds just after giving you your confessions. You find that a Mafia family are connected with it almost instantly Agent 47 dons the suite and tie, which also come with the very handy kitchen knife and ballers.

(The ballers are a pair of high powered, silver plated pistols which can take down a dosen men in a matter of seconds.)

The first mission is a great introduction, plenty to do, and a great mixtuire of people. There are the ordinary, guards/bosses which you will have to lay waste to. Then there are the innocent house keeping personnel (maids, chefs) which you can also lay waste to (or save if your really nice).

After this, the missions are more objective based but the great thing is that you can take various routes or plans for each mssion. You could find a vantage point from a distance and try to snip your targets or run in, guns blazing and try out all your gun-ho tactics to full advantage.

After a couple of missions though, there are two very involving missions but with plenty of innocents. After playing games like GTA3 and the like you can take out your psychotic urges on the innocents. Like the mission where you enter a party by killing/beating/knocking out a guest and stealing his invitation/clothes. If, in the ballroom, you even fire a shot, the many guests will run amock around the mansion. this leads to unstoppable fun in the kitchen, offices or grand stairways. Watch was to pump lead into that brunette who is slowly tumbling down the stairs.

The sheer longivity of this game is great and the story and gameplay drive it on.

Looks like I'll be renting it agin nxt weekend:)
Sun 06/10/02 at 21:37
Regular
Whoops, I forgot to mention all of what I wanted. Kind of got carried away with the whole 'kill/slaughter/gut' thing.
---------------------------------- ---------------------- ---------------------

Back to the gameplay. All the buttons on the PS2 pad are used, except L3. If you really like FPS you can press R3 and use the FPS view at will. This just expands the game to a wider audience. Tapping L1 will leave you 'creeping' being your enimies, ready to garrot or knock them out with chloroform!!! Hold down L1 and he begins to crawl. This helps in getting through tight spaces and the like.

L2 is used for running when out of site from enemies. R1 is for pulling the trigger on your enemies limbs or for setting up the scope for such weopons as the sniper rifles or crossbow!!! R2 is for reloading those pieces of classy machinery. With some of the rifles this looks pretty swet. He actually takes time to put the shells into the shotgun, the clips into the SMG or the arrows into the crossbow. At times though, this can be a your downfall which is why you should choose your weapons carefully for each mission.

With various special things you can do throughout the game, e.g. poisen the champagne/chocolate, and many more this makes for a varied game of espionage action, one which I thin k rivals MGS2's gameplay! Well, at least a little.
Sun 06/10/02 at 20:57
Regular
Well, after playing little snippits of the first installment on the PC, I was begging for a go on the new console version. But since I don't have the cash for a purchase right now, I rented it. And how happy was I.

This bald, bar coded, 'genome' type charactr was leading me through Italy, Russia and Germany, I think. The great thing though is that the story isn't just driven for the thought of money, it's a personal vendetta for Agent 47. Don't worry, i wont give anything away...

At the beginning your only true friend Fr. Guack-a-moli(sum italian name) is kidnapped from your home grounds just after giving you your confessions. You find that a Mafia family are connected with it almost instantly Agent 47 dons the suite and tie, which also come with the very handy kitchen knife and ballers.

(The ballers are a pair of high powered, silver plated pistols which can take down a dosen men in a matter of seconds.)

The first mission is a great introduction, plenty to do, and a great mixtuire of people. There are the ordinary, guards/bosses which you will have to lay waste to. Then there are the innocent house keeping personnel (maids, chefs) which you can also lay waste to (or save if your really nice).

After this, the missions are more objective based but the great thing is that you can take various routes or plans for each mssion. You could find a vantage point from a distance and try to snip your targets or run in, guns blazing and try out all your gun-ho tactics to full advantage.

After a couple of missions though, there are two very involving missions but with plenty of innocents. After playing games like GTA3 and the like you can take out your psychotic urges on the innocents. Like the mission where you enter a party by killing/beating/knocking out a guest and stealing his invitation/clothes. If, in the ballroom, you even fire a shot, the many guests will run amock around the mansion. this leads to unstoppable fun in the kitchen, offices or grand stairways. Watch was to pump lead into that brunette who is slowly tumbling down the stairs.

The sheer longivity of this game is great and the story and gameplay drive it on.

Looks like I'll be renting it agin nxt weekend:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.