GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The One - Jet Li Talks!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/10/02 at 14:37
Regular
*SPOLIER*

It's in the distant future, where everything happens to be cool and gadget-y. Right, evil but not that evil Jet Li comes out of jail where, presumably, he's gonna get a death sentence for being naughty. But, very evil Jet Li kills him. Very Evil Jet Li runs away from cops - 1.)copy of Gone In 60 seconds character of his Delroy Lindo 2.) Jason Statham, including accent that is across between Texan, Welsh, English, Scottish, German and Pikey. Weird time thingy happens, and Very Evil Jet Li's about to get the death penalty after killing loads of other Jet Lis.

Very bored, I am. Action makes Jet Li look like a robot. So I do what anyone would do, skip to the last scene.

Also in the future. Homeless people make fun of Jet Li, who says "I will be the one!", shocking the world by the fact that he can talk. He beats up the homeless people in the ugly future as we hear Papa Roach - Last Resort. End of film.

Would someone mind telling me what on earth happens in between?
Sun 06/10/02 at 14:37
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
*SPOLIER*

It's in the distant future, where everything happens to be cool and gadget-y. Right, evil but not that evil Jet Li comes out of jail where, presumably, he's gonna get a death sentence for being naughty. But, very evil Jet Li kills him. Very Evil Jet Li runs away from cops - 1.)copy of Gone In 60 seconds character of his Delroy Lindo 2.) Jason Statham, including accent that is across between Texan, Welsh, English, Scottish, German and Pikey. Weird time thingy happens, and Very Evil Jet Li's about to get the death penalty after killing loads of other Jet Lis.

Very bored, I am. Action makes Jet Li look like a robot. So I do what anyone would do, skip to the last scene.

Also in the future. Homeless people make fun of Jet Li, who says "I will be the one!", shocking the world by the fact that he can talk. He beats up the homeless people in the ugly future as we hear Papa Roach - Last Resort. End of film.

Would someone mind telling me what on earth happens in between?
Sun 06/10/02 at 16:34
Regular
Evil Jet escapes and travels to Earth where only other Jet left is. Lots of Jet Vs Jet. Evil Jet kills Good Jet's wife. Delroy Lindo and Statham chase Evil Jet. Statham helps Good Jet, Lindo gets decked with stuff like motorbikes. Evil Jet gets decked by Good Jet in a factory. Deck each other. Get transported back to Evil Jet's world. Evil Jet wakes up first, tells them Good Jet is Evil Jet. Good Jet about to be sent to Stygian penal colony, Statham realises it's Good Jet because of wedding ring, Evil Jet gets sent to colony, where people try to decdk him because he's cocky and it's a set up for a sequel. Statham transports Good Jet to a different world where his wife is still alive.

I liked it. Brainless action fun.
Sun 06/10/02 at 17:25
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, it was alright. Shame some of the effects weren't exactly "special"
Sun 06/10/02 at 17:59
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Meh. I also rented Jackie Brown, which was much better. Bit boring at first, but then good. Not as good as Reservoir Dogs at all. Must see Pulp Fiction soon.....

By the way, Stryke, if you're still into happy rock, download Stay Home, by Self. Very Smash Mouth-esque, with an intro bit like All Star's. It's from the Shrek soundtrack.
Sun 06/10/02 at 18:30
Regular
Shall do, Alradialrirlddii blokey.
Sun 06/10/02 at 19:30
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
When was it, hey when was it I saw this film? Oh yeah I remember it was back some time in late December. I've had this film lying, getting dusty on VCD since last year. It was ok, but I think theres going to be a part 2 soon indeed. Dont expect it for a couple of years.
Mon 07/10/02 at 12:46
Jason Statham doing the worst American accent ever spoilt it for me.
Mon 07/10/02 at 16:23
Regular
Jet Li sucks....well ever since he started doing these big budget, piles of American garbage.

Do yourself a favour, pick up a copy of Once upon a time in China, then you will see Mr Lee in his Prime.
Mon 07/10/02 at 16:26
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Jet Li sucks....well ever since he started doing these big budget,
> piles of American garbage.
>
> Do yourself a favour, pick up a copy of Once upon a time in China,
> then you will see Mr Lee in his Prime.

Or even Fist of Legend.

Best stick to Li's Eastern stuff. Most of his Western stuff has been diabolical.
Mon 07/10/02 at 21:48
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Bleeders wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Jet Li sucks....well ever since he started doing these big budget,
> piles of American garbage.
>
> Do yourself a favour, pick up a copy of Once upon a time in China,
> then you will see Mr Lee in his Prime.
>
> Or even Fist of Legend.
>
> Best stick to Li's Eastern stuff. Most of his Western stuff has been
> diabolical.

Or even The Legeng, Shaolin Temple, All 3 Once Upon A Time Films, The Enforcer. Anyway Jackie Chan is also a good chinese fighter. Who's seen The Accidental Spy, I've seen it, well the chinese version with subs. It was one good film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.