GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand theft auto- the best game series?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/10/02 at 14:14
Regular
the grand theft auto series, is it the best series of games in the world?
arguably, yes. the ability to run wild and do what you want is probably what the people want. with 3 great games out in the series already and the next one due on the 9th of november the games have done great, especially the 3rd one. the great graphics and the effects made it one of the legendary games that feature in nearly every gamers collection of ps2 games. the 4th in the series, grand theft auto: vice city, is expected to sell millions worldwide, and with that sort of game with freedom i, for one, am not surprised. i was impressed greatly with the detail gone into gta3 and who wouldnt be? you can rob a car and the people instantly try and get it back. you steal a car that belongs to a gang member and the whole gang gets on your tale. you can even pick up a lady of the night to get your health up, although it does cost you (just like in real life). but the obvious answer to that is get out shoot the prossie down and get your money back! simple as that. this sort of detail will be greatly improved in the 4th game. i will be waiting for it like so many more around the world.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:39
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> GTA3 looks poor, and is actualy extremely boring due to the complete
> lack of fun in the game.

Well i suppose it did so well as the leap from 2D, poor 3d games, to full 3d games was a new thing for playstation fans.

But the thing is i got fed up of killing people in GTA 1+2, and the extra graphics pro-longed the longing of killing some one for...oh i dont know...maybe 2 hours.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:36
Regular
I have no idea theres so many game series on the PS2 its hard to choose.

But if i can count games that havent got a number at the end i would have to say...... Zelda.

with numbers would have to be Final fantasy.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Don't Mess Yourself"
In a word. No.
In two words. Definatley not.
In one doubled barelled thingny with a dash. Zel-da.
I bet you have a PS2 and think that because you have GTA (which is on pc, and much better too) that your great. I bet you like Resident Evil and Tomb Raider.
Mon 07/10/02 at 19:11
Regular
GTa u are kidding?
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:57
"slightlyshortertagl"
Shenmue
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The Ultima's are definitly my favourite gaming series...

(as long as you forget U9, which was just pants)...

Ultimas 4-7 especially, provided gaming freedom that knocks that of GTA3 into a cocked hat...

Definitly one of the most influential games series ever produced... it even spawed a cartoon series in Japan!?
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
GTA3 looks poor, and is actualy extremely boring due to the complete lack of fun in the game. The amount of times i've had to kill somebody...sheesh.

Now Mario. Thats what I call the greatest series, in terms of influence, sales, and sheer fun.

Of course, thats lame. But hey.
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:09
"Darkness, always"
I didn't say pre-pubescents were stealing cars, I just said that the idea of it appealed to them.

And I'm sure you CAN take it. I've no doubt you've had plenty of practice.
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:07
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Mr. Bartender, i don't know many pre-pubesents into stealing cars, prostitutes and all the great stuff in the game. But, for all i know a lot of 8 year old's could be into it. Plus, i am quite offended at being called a moron, but hey, i'm a bloke, i can take it.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:34
Regular
Like any game out there, if you like it - buy it. Some people won't like the GTA series, others love it. Just depends on the individual.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.