GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what one is to come out top?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/10/02 at 12:06
Regular
I posted this in the nintendo forum by actcident

PS2...it came, it shook the gaming world, now it needs to go. PS2 is a piece of garbage compared to GameCube and Xbox. Both the PSOne and PlayStation2 systems were built with extremely outdated technology - in both proccessing power and graphics capabilities. Can't Sony see that the power of the PS2 is diminishing? They've even gone the extra step to add an Ethernet/modem adapter, which obviously will not tap into the world of online gaming the way Microsoft's Xbox Live will.

Xbox Live is already recieving lots of support from third party companies who are developing exclusive games for the online service (Sega NFL 2K3, for instance) - Microsoft has claimed that over 50 games are being developed for the service as of this holiday season, and a total of over 200 games will be released for the Xbox by this holiday season... that is a huge advantage for Microsoft, and may even thrust them into second place along with Nintendo.

Xbox looks promising because it is already getting a rather large fanbase that had been rather mute at the time of the system's launch - November of 2001. Also the fact that it is the most powerful console ever created, and Microsoft has huge potential for it's future success.It's a bit big though with a controller only an ape could fit his hands round.Allthough bill gates is prepared to sacrafice how ever much money he needs.With the recent bought share of rare,I don't think there just about to give up yet.

Nintendo's GameCube has already proven to be a success and a worthy competitor in the videogame market. It's really the games made by Nintendo themselves that are bringing out the glory of Nintendo's newest console. With the release of Super Mario Sunshine just last week, Nintendo is really showing what their next-generation system is capable of in terms of bringing out the best in games.

With the impending releases of StarFox Adventures, Animal Crossing, and Metroid Prime on the way, the future for Nintendo's newest console just seems to be getting better! And once The Legend of Zelda is released...one can only imagine the sheer chaos that will erupt when millions of Nintendo fanboys cram the stores across America and Japan, eager to get their grimy hands on Shigeru Miyamoto's latest masterpiece...
Sun 06/10/02 at 15:56
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
Boz wrote:
> Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Boz wrote:
>
> Plus Rare make games which are realy only suitable on the GC as XBOX
> has the whole "we must look adult so kids with hormones
> problems
> wil buy it thinkig they will look adult".
>
> you just made that up! :)
>
> Well the hormone bit yes...but the rest is true, games like banjo just
> arnt made for the xbox.

theres some trueth in that
Sun 06/10/02 at 14:10
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Boz wrote:

> has the whole "we must look adult so kids with hormones
> problems
>
> you just made that up! :)

Well the hormone bit yes...but the rest is true, games like banjo just arnt made for the xbox.
Sun 06/10/02 at 13:56
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Boz wrote:
> Too true becuase it was the first 128bit console to be released,
> dreamcast not included

So in saying 'the first 128bit console to be released' what you mean is that it was the second? :)

> when the GC and Xbox was
> launched the 128bit era was well under way.

Isnt the X-Box 32-bit?

> has the whole "we must look adult so kids with hormones problems

you just made that up! :)
Sun 06/10/02 at 13:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah, that makes sense.
Sun 06/10/02 at 13:49
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
parr wrote:

>Ok so tell me this. If these consoles are clearly better than why on the weekly Japanese sales charts we have this

1.Playstation 2
2.Gamecube
3.Playstation
4.X-BOX

The ps2 is ahead because its been out a lot longer
Sun 06/10/02 at 12:36
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
just wait for the nintendo announcment in the next few months...
Sun 06/10/02 at 12:32
Regular
moderation wrote:
> PS2...it came, it shook the gaming world,

Too true becuase it was the first 128bit console to be released, dreamcast not included as the saturn had more than put the first few nails into its coffin. But becuase it was the first to be released everyone wantted it becuase everyone wantted to play 128bit. This is the main reason its done better becuase when the GC and Xbox was launched the 128bit era was well under way. Also the PS1 popularity also made it bigger.
Also games looked good before launch and the future releases looked good, kinda sad they were all disappointments.

> systems were built with extremely outdated technology

Well yes technology does get better fast, but i think the improvements are yet to be seen. But maybe it has and thats why PS2 adverts dont show much in game footage anymore.

Someone wrote :

> the Gamecube is the lowest. I am not sure
> weather X-Box and PS2 has been exagerated but...

Nintendo released the ingame footage stats as in all textures and everything, not just the raw stats.
But if you look at the GC graphics chip you will see there are many more "extras" on it compared to the other 2, which is mainly why turok is released later so they can do the extras. (i think its turok)

> thrust them into second place along with Nintendo.

lol, PS1 is still selling better than xbox. i think xbox have a long way to go.
Also many people dont buy consoles to ply online, also the cost and everything may slow it down. Plus its broadband only which will stop mny people.
Also hasnt nintendo got that "big thing that will shock the gaming world" speech coming up?
Maybe its online plans.

> It's really the games made by Nintendo themselves that are bringing out > the glory of Nintendo's newest console.

Plus the games by other developers, but your right i never see any games like the ones by nintendo on other console, rare are the only other developers like them.

also some where he wrote about rare going to XBox.
Tell me have there been any games by rare in the 128bit era, no sorry in a long time, that have shown they are still as good as they used to be.
Plus Rare make games which are realy only suitable on the GC as XBOX has the whole "we must look adult so kids with hormones problems wil buy it thinkig they will look adult".
Sun 06/10/02 at 12:13
Regular
"^_^"
>
>
> PS2...it came, it shook the gaming world, now it needs to go. PS2 is a
> piece of garbage compared to GameCube and Xbox. Both the PSOne and
> PlayStation2 systems were built with extremely outdated technology -
> in both proccessing power and graphics capabilities. Can't Sony see
> that the power of the PS2 is diminishing? They've even gone the extra
> step to add an Ethernet/modem adapter, which obviously will not tap
> into the world of online gaming the way Microsoft's Xbox Live will.

That is a bit harsh. I an a Ninty but i wouldn't go that far because in some respects it is not true. If you look at the statistics of all the consoles power together the Gamecube is the lowest. I am not sure weather X-Box and PS2 has been exagerated but...

> Xbox Live is already recieving lots of support from third party
> companies who are developing exclusive games for the online service
> (Sega NFL 2K3, for instance) - Microsoft has claimed that over 50
> games are being developed for the service as of this holiday season,
> and a total of over 200 games will be released for the Xbox by this
> holiday season... that is a huge advantage for Microsoft, and may even
> thrust them into second place along with Nintendo.

Yes the X-Box may well do well online. But isn't that what they said about the Dreamcast?

> Xbox looks promising because it is already getting a rather large
> fanbase that had been rather mute at the time of the system's launch -
> November of 2001. Also the fact that it is the most powerful console
> ever created, and Microsoft has huge potential for it's future
> success.It's a bit big though with a controller only an ape could fit
> his hands round.Allthough bill gates is prepared to sacrafice how ever
> much money he needs.With the recent bought share of rare,I don't think
> there just about to give up yet.

It may be the most powerful console but has any developer been able to unleash that power?

> Nintendo's GameCube has already proven to be a success and a worthy
> competitor in the videogame market. It's really the games made by
> Nintendo themselves that are bringing out the glory of Nintendo's
> newest console. With the release of Super Mario Sunshine just last
> week, Nintendo is really showing what their next-generation system is
> capable of in terms of bringing out the best in games.

Yes Nintendo have a great line up for the up coming months

> With the impending releases of StarFox Adventures, Animal Crossing,
> and Metroid Prime on the way, the future for Nintendo's newest console
> just seems to be getting better! And once The Legend of Zelda is
> released...one can only imagine the sheer chaos that will erupt when
> millions of Nintendo fanboys cram the stores across America and Japan,
> eager to get their grimy hands on Shigeru Miyamoto's latest
> masterpiece...

Ok so tell me this. If these consoles are clearly better than why on the weekly Japanese sales charts we have this

1.Playstation 2
2.Gamecube
3.Playstation
4.X-BOX
Sun 06/10/02 at 12:06
Regular
"standupandchatpeopl"
I posted this in the nintendo forum by actcident

PS2...it came, it shook the gaming world, now it needs to go. PS2 is a piece of garbage compared to GameCube and Xbox. Both the PSOne and PlayStation2 systems were built with extremely outdated technology - in both proccessing power and graphics capabilities. Can't Sony see that the power of the PS2 is diminishing? They've even gone the extra step to add an Ethernet/modem adapter, which obviously will not tap into the world of online gaming the way Microsoft's Xbox Live will.

Xbox Live is already recieving lots of support from third party companies who are developing exclusive games for the online service (Sega NFL 2K3, for instance) - Microsoft has claimed that over 50 games are being developed for the service as of this holiday season, and a total of over 200 games will be released for the Xbox by this holiday season... that is a huge advantage for Microsoft, and may even thrust them into second place along with Nintendo.

Xbox looks promising because it is already getting a rather large fanbase that had been rather mute at the time of the system's launch - November of 2001. Also the fact that it is the most powerful console ever created, and Microsoft has huge potential for it's future success.It's a bit big though with a controller only an ape could fit his hands round.Allthough bill gates is prepared to sacrafice how ever much money he needs.With the recent bought share of rare,I don't think there just about to give up yet.

Nintendo's GameCube has already proven to be a success and a worthy competitor in the videogame market. It's really the games made by Nintendo themselves that are bringing out the glory of Nintendo's newest console. With the release of Super Mario Sunshine just last week, Nintendo is really showing what their next-generation system is capable of in terms of bringing out the best in games.

With the impending releases of StarFox Adventures, Animal Crossing, and Metroid Prime on the way, the future for Nintendo's newest console just seems to be getting better! And once The Legend of Zelda is released...one can only imagine the sheer chaos that will erupt when millions of Nintendo fanboys cram the stores across America and Japan, eager to get their grimy hands on Shigeru Miyamoto's latest masterpiece...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.