GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box Live in November ??"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/10/02 at 10:04
Regular
I've been reading up on more about the service and most in here know about the Beta testing thats going on soon.
Well apparently, the 3000 beta testers have been chosen and will begin their envious task on October 29th - November 29th. Now, this is where the VERY interesting bit comes in.
Apparently from here, on November 30th, Microsoft are going to offer any X-Box owners who have broadband now to sign up early as well.
I'm guessing you'll have needed to sign up to the beta testing to show you have broadband though.
The little package of happiness looks like it will only be available to buy directly from xbox.com with the shops obviously getting it for its official March 14th release.

And as some will know, this gives you a few months of free online gaming as your years subscription won't start until the official launch day of the service. :-)
So for all those that are ready and waiting with broadband connections, the wait might not be as long as we'd first thought. :-)
Wed 09/10/02 at 22:58
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I'm halfway there, my dads "looking into" broadband.

We pay the interent a penny a minute, and our last bill totled £75 of just internet calls. I mentions that for the smae price we could be gettin a connection 10x faster etc and he was interested.

I think he'll get it its just for BT you have to pay overall £150 to get it running. The 150 quid upfront bit is puttin him off.

Any other providers that do it cheaper?

More good news is my dads thinking of upgrading our 6 year old PC. :P
Tue 08/10/02 at 16:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Sav i'll only be getting Unreal and maybe Ghost Recon.
Tue 08/10/02 at 12:48
Regular
"BOSE"
you plug your internet cable into the back of your Xbox instead of your PC, right?

it's best to get an extension cable if you don't have a PC in your room right? because the line's most likely to be downstairs where your PC is...
Mon 07/10/02 at 23:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
It can't be pre-ordered yet. I suppose it'll be put up to buy sometime pretty soon though. I'll keep everyone updated. ;-)

You'll need to goto xbox.com - remember to select the UK though, otherwise you'll be in the U.S page. ;-)

So for all those who plan to make the purchase on November 30th, we know we'll be getting Whacked and Moto GP, but will you be buying any of these ?
Unreal Championship
Mech Assault
Ghost Recon
NFL Fever

I'm planning to grab all of them. The reason I ask is cause then we can see what everyone will probably have and we can arrange any clan ideas around the games we'll have. :-)
Mon 07/10/02 at 23:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The Master wrote:
> depends on the game, downloading eats bandwidth so you might wanna get
> all that stuff downloaded now ready in time for x box live, don't
> wanna be the guy who lags behind huh :)

Well the stuff I download isnt all out yet. Things come out every week so i'll be downloading and uploading all the time. Still play on XBox live, but not as much. Plus I have Uni so that limits my free time I have to play on games.
Mon 07/10/02 at 23:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I'll definatly get it on that day. Where do you go to pre-order it?
Mon 07/10/02 at 18:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Called up Microsoft today about the November 30th offer and its definatly happening. :-)

So for all those with broadband, get saving that £40. ;-)
I can't wait - what an excellent surprise after hearing that the official launch is March 14th. :-)

Won't be short on online games to play either. Whacked and Moto GP as part of the package with Unreal Championship, Mech Assault and Ghost Recon all due around November. :-)

By the looks of it I'll be seeing a few of you on there soon too. ;-)
We'll have to all give out our X-Box Live names in here so we can arrange some games. ;-)
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
yay, i might persuade my parents to invest in a broadband connection and an XBox Live kit for my birthday 3rd November!!!
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
What speed modem do you need to be able to play on LIVE without much lag, I take it it's about 512k...
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:44
Regular
"BOSE"
by the way, does anyone know how it connects up? my theory is that instead of pluging your internet cable into your PC, you plug it into the back of your Xbox

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.