GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hidden Shines"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/10/02 at 21:00
Regular
I know what you are thinking 'NOT ANOTHER POST TO DO WITH SUNSHINE', but who cares what you think? Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you had found any hidden shines, and if so, where?

Remember to be graphic in your description so it is easy to find.

Tribute
Tue 08/10/02 at 21:13
"The Will of D."
To get 2 easy blue coins just spray or eat the 2 blue birds that are on the roof tops (eat with Yoshi not mario).
Tue 08/10/02 at 21:09
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
theres a couple of doors that you can do the same thing on over by the lighthouse , in the sea in one of those ledge things , it's not a star though , it's just a blue coin.
Tue 08/10/02 at 21:07
"The Will of D."
Once you have the booster rocket use it to ram two special doors down for a shine, and an obstacle with a shine.
1) The prison, the place where the man is screaming at the shadow mario poster, ram the door next to him for a shine.
2) The Door guarded by two guards, once in you have to go through a fun course that involves using your turbo rocket, use it to gain distance when you jump from platform to platform.
Tue 08/10/02 at 21:06
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Cyclone wrote:
> Theres a BLOO*Y hard one to get to and do with that stranded man.
>
> Get a Yoshi, and use the tunnels to get out to that island with one of
> the basket ladies on it. Stock him up on fruit, then jump on the boat
> that comes - not the one that goes back into harbour, but the one that
> goes along the seafront. Stay on it, and when you get to the tower in
> the sea, jump up and gobble down the fruit there. Get off Yoshi and
> wait - BUT DO NOT FALL OFF! Wait for the next boat. Get on Yoshi, get
> on the boat, and then jump on the island with the stranded man on it.
> Use Yoshis belly juice to melt the pipe blockage.
>
> *That took me yonks to do!*
>
> Now, you have to collect 8 red coins on the river - Use the spray and
> do not fall in! Haven't actualy managed to do this - Bloomin' hard,
> and very very annoying.
>
> Perhaps one of the hardest I have ever come accross in a Mario game -
> but I bet theres an easier way. (Sods law and all that!)
>
> ;)

ive tried for weeks to do this , but to no avail ... i never knew you could get to it through pipes ! my life suddenly has meaning !
Tue 08/10/02 at 21:05
I cannot do the one on Ricco harbour. It aint the secret one but the main aim of the level about number 4 I think, where you do a bonus level! I get to the end and then the horizontal logs are too much!
Tue 08/10/02 at 21:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
Once ye has got the rocket nozzle, rocket up to the top of the lighthouse. Go stand on the big gray circular thing then rocket straight up, at the top of the blast hit L to ground pound. If Mario blurs in mid-air then he'll smash through the grey thingy and you get a shine.
Sun 06/10/02 at 18:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Theres a BLOO*Y hard one to get to and do with that stranded man.

Get a Yoshi, and use the tunnels to get out to that island with one of the basket ladies on it. Stock him up on fruit, then jump on the boat that comes - not the one that goes back into harbour, but the one that goes along the seafront. Stay on it, and when you get to the tower in the sea, jump up and gobble down the fruit there. Get off Yoshi and wait - BUT DO NOT FALL OFF! Wait for the next boat. Get on Yoshi, get on the boat, and then jump on the island with the stranded man on it. Use Yoshis belly juice to melt the pipe blockage.

*That took me yonks to do!*

Now, you have to collect 8 red coins on the river - Use the spray and do not fall in! Haven't actualy managed to do this - Bloomin' hard, and very very annoying.

Perhaps one of the hardest I have ever come accross in a Mario game - but I bet theres an easier way. (Sods law and all that!)

;)
Sun 06/10/02 at 18:28
Regular
"Festivus!"
Got the first one.. :)
Sun 06/10/02 at 12:12
"The Will of D."
There's a hidden one in Noki bay that I know of.
Go to the left and get yourself up to where the palm tree is and get on top of it and spray the gold bird for another secret shine.
Bianco hills you have to go through the obstacle coures again (Oh no I hated those is probably what your saying) well do them again but collecting 8 red coins in a limited time (Oh to do it but bash on the red switch).
Sat 05/10/02 at 23:48
Regular
"Ahhhhhhh my eyes"

Just read that and I didn't want to.

*note to self, don't enter this thread again*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.