GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"how did i get here?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/10/02 at 20:58
Regular
I love computer games as much as any one else, but over the years i have been constantly annoyed on why do the game makers never show how the person, the car what ever got there. I you may think its nothing, no big problem i'll just pretend the racing car just jumped out of a cloud or that the person just born from a few cells on the ground. Recently games have been more accurate and telling us where and why we are were we are but still there has to be some.

Some examples of games that commite these crimes are shown bellow:

DIDDY KONG RACING

Diddy Kong Racing focuses on high-speed, entertaining racing action as well as a large dose of adventure and exploration. Diddy Kong and seven other characters will race through 20 beautiful 3-D courses on one of three vehicles: a cart, hovercraft or plane.

So what if it focuses on high speed entertaining racing action. I am not saying that Diddy kong racing is a bad game because its not. What i'm saying is that eventhough at the begining of the race it shows you the course, it should tell you in writing or better a short film clip on how, why and any thing else needed to know.

007 goldeneye

The gameplay deftly evolves the first-person perspective action genre, enabling gamers to immerse themselves in spy-style tactics and covert operations, and forcing gamers to think before they rush in to blow the heck out of everything in sight. Goldeneye 007 is built around 18 varying levels that must be played through in linear fashion in the easy mode, which then open up the possibility of playing the game in medium to hard difficult levels, each level afterward fully chooseable in any order.
Learning how to use your gadgets, and becoming efficient in learning when not to kill enemies is also part of the game. The interface is absolutely cool as well, and clearly incorporates the most fun Bond elements into the game. Modems, magnet attract watches, camera, data thieves, key analyzers, laser watches, and other classic James Bond-style spy toys all play minor parts in weaving your way through multi-objective-based missions. Discovering how to free yourself (and find a set of knives) in level 9, the second bunker, when you have no weapons at all with your magnet attract watch is just plain cool.

Now 007 Goldeneye is an improvement on my arguement because it does show some signs of backround information but the thing with Goldeneye is that the tecnology wasn't very good at that time so information was so clear. But there is no excuse for the Facility level because how are we meant to know how he got into the ventilation systems.

Another crimal is Project Gotham Racing, grand turismo etc.....

At the end of the day i am only a human with a dream that one day, games for all consoles all around the world will be like reality because everything you do you do it for a reason so why don,t all games do to.

Thankyou for reading my chat and send your oppinions as well.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 05/10/02 at 20:58
Regular
"who'd the man."
I love computer games as much as any one else, but over the years i have been constantly annoyed on why do the game makers never show how the person, the car what ever got there. I you may think its nothing, no big problem i'll just pretend the racing car just jumped out of a cloud or that the person just born from a few cells on the ground. Recently games have been more accurate and telling us where and why we are were we are but still there has to be some.

Some examples of games that commite these crimes are shown bellow:

DIDDY KONG RACING

Diddy Kong Racing focuses on high-speed, entertaining racing action as well as a large dose of adventure and exploration. Diddy Kong and seven other characters will race through 20 beautiful 3-D courses on one of three vehicles: a cart, hovercraft or plane.

So what if it focuses on high speed entertaining racing action. I am not saying that Diddy kong racing is a bad game because its not. What i'm saying is that eventhough at the begining of the race it shows you the course, it should tell you in writing or better a short film clip on how, why and any thing else needed to know.

007 goldeneye

The gameplay deftly evolves the first-person perspective action genre, enabling gamers to immerse themselves in spy-style tactics and covert operations, and forcing gamers to think before they rush in to blow the heck out of everything in sight. Goldeneye 007 is built around 18 varying levels that must be played through in linear fashion in the easy mode, which then open up the possibility of playing the game in medium to hard difficult levels, each level afterward fully chooseable in any order.
Learning how to use your gadgets, and becoming efficient in learning when not to kill enemies is also part of the game. The interface is absolutely cool as well, and clearly incorporates the most fun Bond elements into the game. Modems, magnet attract watches, camera, data thieves, key analyzers, laser watches, and other classic James Bond-style spy toys all play minor parts in weaving your way through multi-objective-based missions. Discovering how to free yourself (and find a set of knives) in level 9, the second bunker, when you have no weapons at all with your magnet attract watch is just plain cool.

Now 007 Goldeneye is an improvement on my arguement because it does show some signs of backround information but the thing with Goldeneye is that the tecnology wasn't very good at that time so information was so clear. But there is no excuse for the Facility level because how are we meant to know how he got into the ventilation systems.

Another crimal is Project Gotham Racing, grand turismo etc.....

At the end of the day i am only a human with a dream that one day, games for all consoles all around the world will be like reality because everything you do you do it for a reason so why don,t all games do to.

Thankyou for reading my chat and send your oppinions as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.