GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw Road to Perdition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/10/02 at 19:03
Regular
It was OK. Wasn't terrible, wasn't amazing in any stretch of the imnagination. Newman was crap, Hanks was OK, Jude Law was amusing. Weepy kid #1 was also crap. Weepy Kid #2 got shot, so there's a spoiler for you.

Don't see it. Thats all.
Mon 07/10/02 at 17:17
Regular
I saw this on Friday and enjoyed it.

I wouldn't say it's a Gangster film, to be honest. But then, hey, what do I know?

Enjoyable, nothing more.
Mon 07/10/02 at 09:48
Regular
Road to Perdition was good. Sam Mendes is an excellent director, the look of the film is top notch. Hanks is exactly what you expect, the ending is exactly what you expect and the relationship between Hanks and son is exactly what you expect. So this film is exactly what I expected ie. good.
Sun 06/10/02 at 14:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I heard that highway man film is a load of pants

I watched it last night, and was myself expecting it to be a bit crap, but it was actually quite good. Great sets, some decent action fairly OK acting, far better than I was expecting, it's just the plot wasn't that origanal which was the only real problem.
Sun 06/10/02 at 13:44
Regular
"That's right!"
My friend saw Road To Perdition in Leeds, she said it was great. My mates want to see it too, so sooner or later I'll get around to going down to the cinema

I heard that highway man film is a load of pants
Sun 06/10/02 at 12:05
Regular
Some gangster bits, but mostly "I love yew paw." Paul Newman's son does shoot people though.

I saw Plunkett and Macleane last night on 4. That amused me. Fun highwayman stuff. With the blokes from Train spotting.

"Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh."
Sat 05/10/02 at 20:37
Regular
"That's right!"
I heard it's the best gangster film since Godfather... Hmm
Sat 05/10/02 at 20:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
So, was it a proper gangster film or just some weepy about the relationship between a father and a son? If it was the latter, then I'm definatly not going to see it, thoses types of films bore the hell out of me.
Sat 05/10/02 at 19:03
Regular
It was OK. Wasn't terrible, wasn't amazing in any stretch of the imnagination. Newman was crap, Hanks was OK, Jude Law was amusing. Weepy kid #1 was also crap. Weepy Kid #2 got shot, so there's a spoiler for you.

Don't see it. Thats all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.