GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To be Honest, I think Resident Evil for GC is crap"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/10/02 at 14:18
Regular
Like the title says..... I was very dissapointed with it, the other games were great but this one just isn't what I was expecting. You run out of ammo and the zombies are practically impossibleto kill with a knife.......gonna take it back.
Mon 07/10/02 at 16:18
Regular
"^_^"
too long. LOL. I am excited too
Sun 06/10/02 at 18:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Parr wrote:
> Resident Evil 0 will be the best and I do hope your ammo theory is
> corrected. Also Resident Evil 4 should be the best.

Yeah! I wonder what'll happen in 4. Leon might be in it, because he started an underground anti-umbrella corporation after RE2. I doubt Claire'll be in it, because she's just been in CV. Chris could be in it, and Jill. Or maybe those rumours about the main character being an Umbrella employee called Mark who finds out what the company are doing and turns against them are true? Who knows?

Can't wait for Zero though, only a few months now.
Sun 06/10/02 at 18:07
Regular
"^_^"
Resident Evil 0 will be the best and I do hope your ammo theory is corrected. Also Resident Evil 4 should be the best.
Sun 06/10/02 at 18:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think this remake and RE2 are the best in the series. If you haven't played it yet, start now! I hope RE0 doesn't go back to the Code Veronica method of ammo distribution, where you get far more than necessary and so there is no tension. All the way through that game I wasn't scared, I knew that if two hunters came up I could kill 'em easily.
Sun 06/10/02 at 17:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thats like saying runnings rubbish because its harder than walking.

If you can't play it, don't whine. Its your own fault.

It rules, and having completed it, I intend to A) Purchase more of the series on GC and B) Go through it again!

;)
Sun 06/10/02 at 17:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I reckon it's very good. Completed it on easy with Chris this morning. PLayed it till 3am last night too. I reckon it's a hell of a lot better than Resi 1 on the PSX. The control system (Type C anyway) is much better, and the defense items add an extra element of strategy. Also, the puzzles seem to be more logical, although this may be in part due to the fact that I would have been about 4-5 years younger when I played Resi on the PSX...

The game delivers on tension and on making-you-jump scares too, which is really what you want from a resi game. While past Resi games I played (I've played 1-3 on PSX to varying degrees, I won no. 3, got about half-ish way through no. 1 and didn't play much of no. 2, just the beginning sections) made me jump ocasionally, they never really felt properly tense in a scarey way... just tense when you were nearly dead because you didn't want to die and have to do it all over again... this one made me feel tense because the atmosphere was vivid and drew me into the game much more. When something scared me somehow, I then wanted revenge on it... Like those strange things with claws that infest the mansion after you've been to the Residence... One of them jumped through a window at me, and I was thinking, "Right you freak, have some of this", pulling out my Assault Shotgun and filling him full of lead. At the mometn I'm playing Mario by day and Resi by night... Not just because it's more atmospheric, but because during the day you can't see dark games very well anyway, as you get too much reflection... anyway, enough of my essay. I think this Resi is much better than any of the others I've played... and it has made me want all of the games if only to see how the plot fits... I'll certainly be getting Resi 0...
Sun 06/10/02 at 17:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I agree wth Possum. It is krubbish. That's why I sold it. YAY.
Sun 06/10/02 at 17:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Indeed. I thought I used a lot of ink ribbons on my first game. I used 11, but I still had loads left at the end. You really don't have to save after every little thing you do, just save, say, before a boss battle, or after you've done all you can with a certain key or something.
Sat 05/10/02 at 23:04
Regular
Puddleface wrote:
> possom - I totally agree with you. After playing Resi for around 5
> hours, its just become plain linear boringness!!!
>
> I especially hate the way u have to go back to the inventory box every
> 2 seconds. I also find i run out of ink ribbons very quickly, leaving
> me stranded until i find more. I mean the game looks stunning, but
> its still too much like the older versions.

If you save after every 5 minutes, then that wouldn't suprise me...I completed Jill's game in just over 13 hours with aroun 7 ribbons left over. Brilliant game! It wouldn't work if it wasn't linear.
Sat 05/10/02 at 22:58
Regular
"^_^"
u do not have to keep going back if you use your brain. YOu know not all games are simple. One that makes you think and then your off to cry or hide in a corner. Just because we have intelligence doesn't mean that u have to rag on the game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.