GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Gadget] Samsung HTZ 310R Home Cinema"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/07/08 at 16:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
After searching high and low for a decent home cinema system for my gaming and movies I finally opted for the Samsung HTZ 310R system and I have to say I'm very impressed.

Unless you're a sound nerd you wont really care about the power output from the sub and speakers or the range of settings etc - like most you probably only care about how much it costs, main features and what it sounds like.
Well here's what I think.

I picked it up for the bargain price of £155 using a discount code which has sadly expired but you should be able to get it for around the £200 mark from most online retailers. It has dolby 5.1 surround sound, it very straight forward to set up and the DVD player, sub and speakers all look very classy with a shiny black surface and the usual blue samsung led's.

There are plenty of connections, 1 HDMI for the DVD player, 1 optical sound connection, 1 analouge sound connection plus all the standard connections found on a standard DVD player. The included DVD player will also upscale DVD's to 1080p, which is good if you have a decent HDTV although you may find the built in upscaller in your tv will do a better job.

There is also a built in radio reciever which will get you all the usual radio channels - sadly no DAB tuner included which would have been a good addition. You can also connect up MP3 players and similar devices through the USB connection or mobiles etc using the bluetooth connection.

The sound quality is great, once you set it up for your own personal taste it really does improve most movies/games and lets you experience them to their full potential. The likes of transformers sound and look great and when using it for gaming you really get an increase to the atmosphere as you can hear where the sounds are coming from instead of being stuck with the 2 sources of sound for everything.

If you are looking for a decent home cinema or speaker system then I would highly recommend this one, does everything you'd need it too and wont break the bank too much. Obviously there are much better systems that will cost you a fortune but I think you'll struggle to find a better budget system than this one. It looks good, could be set up by a small child and there is even the ability to make the rear speakers wireless using an additional product should you be looking for that option.
Well worth considering if your in the market for something like this.
Tue 07/07/09 at 15:54
Regular
REMOVED BY MODERATORS.

Reason: Breach of site terms and conditions
Thu 17/07/08 at 16:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
After searching high and low for a decent home cinema system for my gaming and movies I finally opted for the Samsung HTZ 310R system and I have to say I'm very impressed.

Unless you're a sound nerd you wont really care about the power output from the sub and speakers or the range of settings etc - like most you probably only care about how much it costs, main features and what it sounds like.
Well here's what I think.

I picked it up for the bargain price of £155 using a discount code which has sadly expired but you should be able to get it for around the £200 mark from most online retailers. It has dolby 5.1 surround sound, it very straight forward to set up and the DVD player, sub and speakers all look very classy with a shiny black surface and the usual blue samsung led's.

There are plenty of connections, 1 HDMI for the DVD player, 1 optical sound connection, 1 analouge sound connection plus all the standard connections found on a standard DVD player. The included DVD player will also upscale DVD's to 1080p, which is good if you have a decent HDTV although you may find the built in upscaller in your tv will do a better job.

There is also a built in radio reciever which will get you all the usual radio channels - sadly no DAB tuner included which would have been a good addition. You can also connect up MP3 players and similar devices through the USB connection or mobiles etc using the bluetooth connection.

The sound quality is great, once you set it up for your own personal taste it really does improve most movies/games and lets you experience them to their full potential. The likes of transformers sound and look great and when using it for gaming you really get an increase to the atmosphere as you can hear where the sounds are coming from instead of being stuck with the 2 sources of sound for everything.

If you are looking for a decent home cinema or speaker system then I would highly recommend this one, does everything you'd need it too and wont break the bank too much. Obviously there are much better systems that will cost you a fortune but I think you'll struggle to find a better budget system than this one. It looks good, could be set up by a small child and there is even the ability to make the rear speakers wireless using an additional product should you be looking for that option.
Well worth considering if your in the market for something like this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.