GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your first pet"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/10/02 at 11:43
Regular
What was your first pet? Mine was a goldfish called "Jaws" that all my Brother's goldfish's food until he died (the fish, not my Brother)! Poor Jaws then managed to jump out the fishtank onto the kitchen floor. I also vaguely remember a rabbit that died when I was very young and we also had an Afghan that was really wicked...until it died.

Infact, change this thread to "Why do parents buy young children pets that don't last very long?" Maybe it's a harsh lesson about life?
Fri 04/10/02 at 17:41
Regular
I once kidnapped an ant and imprisoned it in an empty matchbox. I feed it sugar because I'd heard that if ants eat sugar they grow and grow. I wanted a world domination super-ant. Needless to say it shriveled and died.

After that I got a cat, whose now 13.
Fri 04/10/02 at 17:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
My first pet was a Cat called Smokey - Real miserable thing it was!
Fri 04/10/02 at 16:52
"Darth Vader 3442321"
A hamster called Mickey (the thicky). His stay in my room lasted: as long as the directly proportional irritation caused by his squeaky wheel and his propensity to run on it all night long.

That said the spectatcle that is a hamster in a ball, for some reason, never did loose its appeal.

So I forgive him.
Fri 04/10/02 at 14:45
Regular
I've never actually had any pets.

Although there are two squirells which come in my garden everyday. I love them to pieces! :) They see me through the window sometimes and they start to stand up on thier legs...sort of begging for some food:) I've got loads of monkey nuts for them and feed them every single day!

I'm also thier part-time body guard as well :) There's this cat that comes and sits on our shed from time to time...Preying on birds and the squirells. I run after it with a stick and scare it off everyday! bloody cats...Dont the owners feed it?!
Fri 04/10/02 at 14:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Why do kids pets always die really quickly?

I got 3 dogs, had 4 overall...
A cat...

I had:
3 gerbils, one got shut in a door and died and the other two died of old age.
Sea Monkeys, they all died after a week of getting them!

In other funny news, someone I knew used to have a guinea pig but their dad left it out in the sun on a hot day with no water and it kinda burnt to death...
Fri 04/10/02 at 14:13
Regular
"^_^"
My first pet was a Cat called Henry and he got ran over on the A6 when i was 2 years old. BooHoo
Fri 04/10/02 at 14:07
Regular
"Evenstar"
My first pet was a cat called Tibby. She was black and white and really fluffy.
Fri 04/10/02 at 14:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
My first pet was Hitler the Hamster.
I was 4 years old.
Hitler died.
I was sad.

Then I got a goldfish instead and called him Fish.
Fri 04/10/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Livin' it down"
My first pet was a cat called Bubbles. Awwwwwwwww
Fri 04/10/02 at 13:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Dr Snuggles? Interesting...

I've got the Highlander of the fish world, my goldfish is about 15 years old, I think. I've had it for so long, it's kind of gone see-through. It's had cancer of the fin, it's blind in one eye, but I still kind of love him. It.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.