GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Film certification - out of order?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/10/02 at 18:53
Regular
I am a 13-year-old English boy.

So many films are rated 15 that we don't get to see many great films. For example, Notting Hill was rated 15. Since it came out, I have seen it and I can't see anything which should make it more than 12 and not much above PG rating. Do they think we can't HANDLE IT!?

I say that, but there are many films that some would consider overrated. I can't think of any, but if you can, please post it.

One more topic. What about this new 12A rating? You know, the one where under 12s can see a film if an adult comes with them? Lets analyse:
Good points: Parents/guardians can allow their kids in, after having a look at the plot and reviews, so the children aren't so limited.
Bad points: Incompetant carers may take their children in without checking if it insuitable. Also, if the kids in there are too loud, it spoils the experience for us teenagers and 12-year-olds and older. Finally, the films that were gonna be 12s may be pushed up to 15s if they are unsuitable fr under 12s.

What do you think? I would be very interested to read your own view about the certifications of films, movies, motion pictures, whatever you call them. Also, maybe you have thoughts about game certifications. Let me know!
Thu 03/10/02 at 18:53
Regular
"Yaarrgghh!"
I am a 13-year-old English boy.

So many films are rated 15 that we don't get to see many great films. For example, Notting Hill was rated 15. Since it came out, I have seen it and I can't see anything which should make it more than 12 and not much above PG rating. Do they think we can't HANDLE IT!?

I say that, but there are many films that some would consider overrated. I can't think of any, but if you can, please post it.

One more topic. What about this new 12A rating? You know, the one where under 12s can see a film if an adult comes with them? Lets analyse:
Good points: Parents/guardians can allow their kids in, after having a look at the plot and reviews, so the children aren't so limited.
Bad points: Incompetant carers may take their children in without checking if it insuitable. Also, if the kids in there are too loud, it spoils the experience for us teenagers and 12-year-olds and older. Finally, the films that were gonna be 12s may be pushed up to 15s if they are unsuitable fr under 12s.

What do you think? I would be very interested to read your own view about the certifications of films, movies, motion pictures, whatever you call them. Also, maybe you have thoughts about game certifications. Let me know!
Thu 03/10/02 at 19:17
"The Will of D."
I'm 15 and I think that there are too many 18's nowadays, and with the new ratings it's a bit easier to get around it if any of my parents would want to go see it (I seriously doubt them going to watch a horror film with me...), but they won't, so like most films I just let them get them out of the local Vid shops for me any time I want to. That's the only way...

I was really suprised when Jason X came along and it was a 15 but so far my crap town cinema hasn't shown it. Damn crap Witney cinma.
Fri 04/10/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I was surprised to see that Red Dragon is a 15...
Fri 04/10/02 at 19:12
"The Will of D."
LOL, I can go watch it then.....
Fri 04/10/02 at 20:34
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Film certificates are a god send once you reach 18.

I hope and pray that all good films attain an 18 certificate because it means I don't have to share the cinema with some snotty-nosed kid who spends the whole film shouting at his friend and eating popcorn as loudly as possible.

And it also means there's probably nudity. Which is always a good thing :-)
Sun 06/10/02 at 19:03
Spiderman, 12? Hah! PG more like. Heh, I'm 13 too.

UW.
Sun 06/10/02 at 19:50
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
CDouch wrote:
> I was surprised to see that Red Dragon is a 15...

Oh well i'll get to see it then wont I.
Sun 06/10/02 at 21:46
"The Will of D."
Is it me or are really scary movies hard to come by, I not easily scared by horror films so I can just rent any old interesting horror film and watch it with delight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.