GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[FILM] The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/08 at 08:16
Regular
"THFC"
1 year after Peter and his siblings have returned to England from the magical world of Narnia, they find themselves longing to go back and wondering if they ever will. Well obviously they do or this would be a very short and boring film!

In the underground of London Suzanne and Lucy gather amongst many other school children to observe an ongoing fight, only to see their brother Peter is brawling with two other boys. Once it has all been broken up and they settle down to await their train, they all feel something, like a pinch. Within seconds the walls of the underground are being ripped apart and a gorgeous beach is unravelled. The picturesque scenery is truly amazing and it is not long before the 2 sons of Adam and daughters of Eve realise they are back in their Kingdom – Narnia!

Baffled by the change of landscape and the ruins that surround them, it is only after some exploration of the new area that they realise it is their old castle and they soon learn that it was 1300 years since they had been there, and after locating their secret door that once was, they are able to find all of their weapons and armour – their happiness is soon brought to reality when they realise everyone they knew and cared for in the old Narnia is dead…..

Whilst all this is proceeding, we are introduced to some new faces in the World of Narnia – Ban Barnes, who plays the role of Prince Caspian, is seen fleeing from his family and the castle he was raised in. Only after he is informed by his tutor that he is to be killed by his Uncle, the reasoning to all this is explained later on in the film, but I wouldn’t want to spoil the magical story for anyone. To leave you in a good point within the story – The Peter and company help save one of the Narnia’s (who were long thought to be extinct) and soon run into Caspian. All realising that they have to rise up and defeat Caspian’s Uncle to give the Narnian’s their home back and their freedom.

The journey really begins here and unlike in so many films, the story flows through very naturally and the viewers are always wanting more. In fact, if anything the detail could have been more, but considering it is intended mainly for children, then the depth in this film is easily enough.
One of my biggest shocks is that the film is rated PG – when you see people getting killed in a variety of ways and very frequently then I would have expected at least a 12A – but I guess children in this generation are used to this kind of thing by now!

If you saw the first film and enjoyed it then I am sure this is on your list of films to see, and you will be very happy with what have been produced. Everything is spot on, from locations, to casting and the graphics are brilliant – some of the Narnian’s look very lifelike, and when things like the trees move it doesn’t feel super imposed or make the movie seem tacky.

While children will love the magic in the story, I think the adults will enjoy the detail, and find themselves wanting to know more about the characters, looking for the depth that I felt is sometimes lacking and relishing in the frequent combat. A great film for anyone and I would highly recommend it! Is it better than the first?? In my opinion, too hard to call but you will have to see it to make your own mind up.

8.75/10
Thu 17/07/08 at 10:22
Regular
"THFC"
See i really enjoyed the original, the new films, all of it. I am hoping they make more, at Least the Final Battle. Hopefully all 7 books will become films!
Wed 16/07/08 at 21:57
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
I saw the last film and I thought it didn't stand up to the original BBC version - that was a classic :)
Wed 16/07/08 at 08:16
Regular
"THFC"
1 year after Peter and his siblings have returned to England from the magical world of Narnia, they find themselves longing to go back and wondering if they ever will. Well obviously they do or this would be a very short and boring film!

In the underground of London Suzanne and Lucy gather amongst many other school children to observe an ongoing fight, only to see their brother Peter is brawling with two other boys. Once it has all been broken up and they settle down to await their train, they all feel something, like a pinch. Within seconds the walls of the underground are being ripped apart and a gorgeous beach is unravelled. The picturesque scenery is truly amazing and it is not long before the 2 sons of Adam and daughters of Eve realise they are back in their Kingdom – Narnia!

Baffled by the change of landscape and the ruins that surround them, it is only after some exploration of the new area that they realise it is their old castle and they soon learn that it was 1300 years since they had been there, and after locating their secret door that once was, they are able to find all of their weapons and armour – their happiness is soon brought to reality when they realise everyone they knew and cared for in the old Narnia is dead…..

Whilst all this is proceeding, we are introduced to some new faces in the World of Narnia – Ban Barnes, who plays the role of Prince Caspian, is seen fleeing from his family and the castle he was raised in. Only after he is informed by his tutor that he is to be killed by his Uncle, the reasoning to all this is explained later on in the film, but I wouldn’t want to spoil the magical story for anyone. To leave you in a good point within the story – The Peter and company help save one of the Narnia’s (who were long thought to be extinct) and soon run into Caspian. All realising that they have to rise up and defeat Caspian’s Uncle to give the Narnian’s their home back and their freedom.

The journey really begins here and unlike in so many films, the story flows through very naturally and the viewers are always wanting more. In fact, if anything the detail could have been more, but considering it is intended mainly for children, then the depth in this film is easily enough.
One of my biggest shocks is that the film is rated PG – when you see people getting killed in a variety of ways and very frequently then I would have expected at least a 12A – but I guess children in this generation are used to this kind of thing by now!

If you saw the first film and enjoyed it then I am sure this is on your list of films to see, and you will be very happy with what have been produced. Everything is spot on, from locations, to casting and the graphics are brilliant – some of the Narnian’s look very lifelike, and when things like the trees move it doesn’t feel super imposed or make the movie seem tacky.

While children will love the magic in the story, I think the adults will enjoy the detail, and find themselves wanting to know more about the characters, looking for the depth that I felt is sometimes lacking and relishing in the frequent combat. A great film for anyone and I would highly recommend it! Is it better than the first?? In my opinion, too hard to call but you will have to see it to make your own mind up.

8.75/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.