GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil: The Musical"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/10/02 at 14:05
Regular
Some thought that video games becoming movies was a little bit much, well imagine how they'll react when they hear that Capcom's Resident Evil is to become a musical. Exclusively, I have the first content details right here.

The musical will begin with something of an introduction to the main characters featured in the story, with Jill, Chris, Wesker, Rebecca and Richard, singing S.T.A.R.S. to the tune of Y.M.C.A. Once this is over we get the first solo song, with Jill singing the tale of how they got to the mansion, here's an exert:

"We found a wreckage but had to know more,
We searched around, needed to explore,
Then through the fog,
I saw a vicious looking dog,
Chunks of flesh hung from it's frame,
I could tell it was out to maim,
I turned and ran to get away,
Had to find a place to stay,
The mansion looked a good place to hide,
But we knew not what lurked inside..."

Following this the story begins. A gun-shot is heard and Chris goes to investigate. Upon seeing a zombie for the first time he get's his first chance to sing, ‘The Zombie Rap', the music from which is repeated every time a zombie is encountered in he musical:

"It looks like a man,
But stinks like trash,
And it hobbles along,
Like it's been in a crash"
(Harmonious moans from the zombie)
"It moans, it groans,
I think it wants me dead,
So I'll take my gun,
And blow off it's stinkin' head."

The musical stays quite faithful to the story of the game, and it also includes many of the extra's from the Gamecube build of the game, including the ‘Crimson Head' zombies. From Jill's first encounter with a Crimson Head:

(Zombie gets up as Jill walks past it)
Zombie: "Ha,ha! - You thought that I was dead,
But I've turned - into a Crimson Head!"
Jill: "Aha-ahhhhh!"

I also got to hear Chesney Hawkes auditioning for the part of Chris, in which he sung the following:

"Oh no! I've run out of ammo,
I'm in trouble, in a real jam-O,
God Damn-O
No kerblammo"

I was also treated to another short piece from the musical, the encounter with the Neptune shark.

Chris: "Ooh sharkie,
I'm gonna make you go sparkie."
(Dead shark harmony verse as Chris moves over to the control panel)
"I'll push this into the water,
That will lead to your slaughter."

I've been told that the musical will also feature ‘Plant 42' singing a song from ‘The Little Shop of Horrors', and songs from the giant snake and a tarantula ballad, before the grim finale, in which all of the monsters sing ‘The Monster Mash'.

There has been a great deal of interest in this project from many well known actors and musicians, but the producers have said that they also require a great deal of dancing skill to take a part in the musical. Top choreographers are involved in turning the battles with zombies into intense dance experiences, involving all kinds of leaps, often mid-song.

I for one am very excited about this project, and put it right up there with ‘Super Monkey Ball...On Ice' as the most highly anticipated made-up shows this coming season.
Sat 05/10/02 at 21:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've not laughed as much in quite a while.

:-)
Sat 05/10/02 at 19:38
Humph...a musical. Man, I'm only good at rapin'.
Sat 05/10/02 at 19:36
Very good, indeed.

UW.
Sat 05/10/02 at 16:03
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Excellent Meka, top class!
Sat 05/10/02 at 16:00
Regular
"not dead"
VenomByte wrote:
> Still, full credit to the man for showing he's not another spineless
> sheep in the flock.

Certainly.

I don't mind that he didn't like it. Though one part did make him laugh.

But if he's going to have a go because I said it was a rehersal, when I wrote 'audition' then he's wrong, no question.

Also, I fail to see a flaw in my rhyming, and would like to see him point it out.

:o)
Sat 05/10/02 at 09:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Still, full credit to the man for showing he's not another spineless sheep in the flock.
Sat 05/10/02 at 08:24
Regular
"not dead"
up_in_$moke wrote:
> comeon people, its not that funny. You need to take your tounges out
> of his ar$e. Has anyone noticed this.

I'll have you know that nobody has their tongue implanted in mt rectum thank you very much.

> Or have i just not got the same sense of humour as you lot?
>
> it made me chuckle once the whole time reading it.

Then is that not a good thing? Surely being made laugh once is better than a disinterested 'meh'?

> The rhyming was poor, the story line was mediocre and it kept
> adjusting itself.

Well the storyline comes from the game, can't fault me for that one. If the ryhming fails anywhere, tell me. I reckon it works for each separate section.

> One minute "he" was watching the rehersal... the next they
> were applying for actors to play the STARS team. make up your mind.

No, it was an audition I was watching. If you're going to criticise, at least get your facts right, or I'll just laugh at you.

> Read the post and not who it was writen by.

> Am i the only person who thinks this? And if i am then this is one
> messed up day and age we're living in.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion. You didn't find it that funny. Fine. But there's no need to keep coming back to this thread then, is there? If others liked it then good, it did it's job. Leave them to like what they like.
Fri 04/10/02 at 10:39
Regular
Hilarious, I'm gonna have that in my head for ages.
Thu 03/10/02 at 23:37
Regular
up_in_$moke wrote:

"Am i the only person who thinks this? And if i am then this is one messed up day and age we're living in."

LOL
Thu 03/10/02 at 23:13
Regular
comeon people, its not that funny. You need to take your tounges out of his ar$e. Has anyone noticed this.

Or have i just not got the same sense of humour as you lot?

it made me chuckle once the whole time reading it.

The rhyming was poor, the story line was mediocre and it kept adjusting itself.

One minute "he" was watching the rehersal... the next they were applying for actors to play the STARS team. make up your mind.

Read the post and not who it was writen by.

Am i the only person who thinks this? And if i am then this is one messed up day and age we're living in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.