GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My View"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/10/02 at 00:30
Regular
Here I am, yet again, sitting at my computer about to embark on a potentially pointless montage of drivel to try and express what my mind wants to relay to the rest of the world. There’s a dog barking outside, it barks for a good few hours before tiring itself out – I expect it’s been tied up to a post and just wants some attention, the owner doesn’t care about it, and hopefully an animal welfare group will do something about it, providing the old lady over the fence did call them up as she told me she had after letting me know our tree in the garden was dead.

My room is in that state between tidiness and mess, nobody cares though, yet I can never get anything done when it’s untidy, I wonder why that is. I’ve been offered a job at a well known high street store, but the hours aren’t enough each week and the contract isn’t what I want, so I’ll try to impress at another interview next Tuesday for another job of similar work. School is boring. I much prefer to be at home where I can get something done, something that interests me. Learning about theories in economics that don’t actually exist in the real world, struggling to pay attention to the mundane topics set in French, and drawing what I don’t want to in art combine to give my A level courses an unappealing task. But I have to do well this year, so I better get in the habit of being more interested in what could end up being a career for most of my life.

I eat when I get home, eat loads, healthy food, but lots of it, then I fall asleep, sometimes until dinner’s ready. I don’t notice the flavours, its routine now. There’s always something to do, and I’m always busy yet I never seem to get done what I had in mind to do. I want to wake up to run at 6:15 in the morning, so I have 3 alarms set. Eventually, I’ll wake up after the alarms have stopped being part of my dream and into that infuriating drill which just has to be silenced. I’ll look outside, decide against running, and fall asleep again. No doubt I’ll do that tomorrow as well.

To my left there’s an electric guitar, I can’t play it, I haven’t had the time or at least, given the time to learn it. It’s just a musical ornament now. All around my room there’re many material goods, meaningless items to anyone else, and thinking about it, most mean little to me. A large collection of DVDs rest between two shelve stabiliser/supporter things, they cost so much new, but when you want to sell them it’s not worth it for the money you get back. I’ve still got the same wallpaper boarder in here, it never went with this room, really should change it.

I hear the news everyday. Seldom is it good. Even the football results are read in such a depressing way. Looks like Mr Bush will get his way after all. I don’t know what’s more terrifying – him being president of the world’s most powerful nation, or him being elected by the people of that nation. I won’t judge the Iraqi leader, I don’t know him, but it seems as though he’s nothing more than a bully. Or maybe Bush’s the bully, either way, there’s a lack of understanding, violence won’t solve anything and the world will listen later, and later is too late.

It’s hard to concentrate with everyday life, what if you or I were a citizen of Iraq. There is no need to upstage earthquakes and volcanoes.

Hope everyone’s ok :)
Thu 03/10/02 at 22:02
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
Your view is similar to mean. Except in place of the electric guitar is a katana sword. Cost alot and am afraid to go near it..
Thu 03/10/02 at 17:23
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Oh, also rock for ten hours listening to Feeder - Just A Day at max volume.
Thu 03/10/02 at 17:01
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
What I think you need to do is just go over the things you do in this routine, and see what you like and what you don't. And for the things you don't like but find yourself doing for no reason, just stop. Life is for enjoying, which I enjoy by lazing around doing eff all - all day. And start new things that sound good to you.

And definitely learn to play the guitar.

I title this post "and" :)
Thu 03/10/02 at 15:18
Regular
You should learn to play that guitar. Strumming and singing through your favourite songs is good for the soul. I do it all the time.

And writing songs - one of my favourite pastimes.
Thu 03/10/02 at 00:30
Here I am, yet again, sitting at my computer about to embark on a potentially pointless montage of drivel to try and express what my mind wants to relay to the rest of the world. There’s a dog barking outside, it barks for a good few hours before tiring itself out – I expect it’s been tied up to a post and just wants some attention, the owner doesn’t care about it, and hopefully an animal welfare group will do something about it, providing the old lady over the fence did call them up as she told me she had after letting me know our tree in the garden was dead.

My room is in that state between tidiness and mess, nobody cares though, yet I can never get anything done when it’s untidy, I wonder why that is. I’ve been offered a job at a well known high street store, but the hours aren’t enough each week and the contract isn’t what I want, so I’ll try to impress at another interview next Tuesday for another job of similar work. School is boring. I much prefer to be at home where I can get something done, something that interests me. Learning about theories in economics that don’t actually exist in the real world, struggling to pay attention to the mundane topics set in French, and drawing what I don’t want to in art combine to give my A level courses an unappealing task. But I have to do well this year, so I better get in the habit of being more interested in what could end up being a career for most of my life.

I eat when I get home, eat loads, healthy food, but lots of it, then I fall asleep, sometimes until dinner’s ready. I don’t notice the flavours, its routine now. There’s always something to do, and I’m always busy yet I never seem to get done what I had in mind to do. I want to wake up to run at 6:15 in the morning, so I have 3 alarms set. Eventually, I’ll wake up after the alarms have stopped being part of my dream and into that infuriating drill which just has to be silenced. I’ll look outside, decide against running, and fall asleep again. No doubt I’ll do that tomorrow as well.

To my left there’s an electric guitar, I can’t play it, I haven’t had the time or at least, given the time to learn it. It’s just a musical ornament now. All around my room there’re many material goods, meaningless items to anyone else, and thinking about it, most mean little to me. A large collection of DVDs rest between two shelve stabiliser/supporter things, they cost so much new, but when you want to sell them it’s not worth it for the money you get back. I’ve still got the same wallpaper boarder in here, it never went with this room, really should change it.

I hear the news everyday. Seldom is it good. Even the football results are read in such a depressing way. Looks like Mr Bush will get his way after all. I don’t know what’s more terrifying – him being president of the world’s most powerful nation, or him being elected by the people of that nation. I won’t judge the Iraqi leader, I don’t know him, but it seems as though he’s nothing more than a bully. Or maybe Bush’s the bully, either way, there’s a lack of understanding, violence won’t solve anything and the world will listen later, and later is too late.

It’s hard to concentrate with everyday life, what if you or I were a citizen of Iraq. There is no need to upstage earthquakes and volcanoes.

Hope everyone’s ok :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.